Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 03:06 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times

Advertisements

Perform a complete exhaust\evaluation on Howest2008 listing of Oklahoma top 10 most liveable locations. And rank them in order from number one (1) to number ten (10).

Tulsa Oklahoma
Oklahoma City
Norman Oklahoma
Durant Oklahoma
Grand Lake of the Cherokee
Tahlequah Oklahoma
Bartlesville Oklahoma
Stillwater Oklahoma
Edmond Oklahoma
Lake Tenkiller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 07:01 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Perform a complete exhaust\evaluation on Howest2008 listing of Oklahoma top 10 most liveable locations. And rank them in order from number one (1) to number ten (10).

Tulsa Oklahoma
Oklahoma City
Norman Oklahoma
Durant Oklahoma
Grand Lake of the Cherokee
Tahlequah Oklahoma
Bartlesville Oklahoma
Stillwater Oklahoma
Edmond Oklahoma
Lake Tenkiller
No. I refuse.

Old 06-21-2019, 01:53 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
I would only be willing to do some rearrangement of the rankings:

1. Oklahoma City
2. Tulsa
3. Norman
4. Edmond
5. Stillwater - Don't underestimate its livability for being only an hour's drive away from the top 2.
6. Bartlesville
7. Durant
8. Tahlequah
9. Grand Lake of the Cherokees
10. Lake Tenkiller

True, I'm no lake fan.

Old 06-21-2019, 07:04 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
I am no lake fan either. But don't underestimate Durant just an hour from the northern suburbs of Dallas or an hour and ten minutes from plano.itsvwarmer than Stillwater by a noticable margin in winters and I suspect than Tulsa and okc and there Burbs. But I agree with your take on the order.

Old 06-22-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
No. I refuse.
LOL Sorry I worded it wrong , just want your ranking of those ten cities that I listed........LOL.....

Old 06-23-2019, 10:38 AM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
LOL Sorry I worded it wrong , just want your ranking of those ten cities that I listed........LOL.....
No problem. I don't see anything wrong with your list other than there are probably some other towns that could be considered for the bottom of the list as opposed to the lake resort places you listed simply because the lake places aren't actually "towns".

Old 06-26-2019, 08:57 PM

108 posts, read 120,561 times
I think Stillwater T has it right, from my research and not from personal experience. I haven't been on here in just over two years, and even longer on the OK forum. I wanted to thank all the OKies for helping me so much in my research about where to move to from OR. Everyone was so helpful and friendly on here. I knew I could make OK my home. I ended up in Mason, OH after exhaustive online searching. I first applied for a home loan in OK to buy a house sight unseen in Edmond. I was denied because I still owned a rental house in OR with my ex and it pushed my DTI up too high. After dealing with that (walking away from the rental), I was in the free and clear. By then, I did more research and ended up in my very first original place of search, Mason, OH. Bought a house sight unseen and have been happy here since 10/2016. No idea how it is I came from OR, tried for OK, and ended up in OH, lol! Only three states start with O and all three made it to my radar. I know this is a sidetrack from the topic, but just wanted to get my thanks in and this thread looked as good as any. Long story short, I was Edmond bound with a keen eye at Norman. I looked at areas around Tulsa, but OK City was just more appealing to me. I liked that the National Weather Station is in Norman (C'mon, that's pretty awesome!). And, without MLB, OK City has Thunder instead! So much more to note. Will have to bring the kids to visit one day. Thanks All!

Old 06-26-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyspring View Post
I think Stillwater T has it right, from my research and not from personal experience. I haven't been on here in just over two years, and even longer on the OK forum. I wanted to thank all the OKies for helping me so much in my research about where to move to from OR. Everyone was so helpful and friendly on here. I knew I could make OK my home. I ended up in Mason, OH after exhaustive online searching. I first applied for a home loan in OK to buy a house sight unseen in Edmond. I was denied because I still owned a rental house in OR with my ex and it pushed my DTI up too high. After dealing with that (walking away from the rental), I was in the free and clear. By then, I did more research and ended up in my very first original place of search, Mason, OH. Bought a house sight unseen and have been happy here since 10/2016. No idea how it is I came from OR, tried for OK, and ended up in OH, lol! Only three states start with O and all three made it to my radar. I know this is a sidetrack from the topic, but just wanted to get my thanks in and this thread looked as good as any. Long story short, I was Edmond bound with a keen eye at Norman. I looked at areas around Tulsa, but OK City was just more appealing to me. I liked that the National Weather Station is in Norman (C'mon, that's pretty awesome!). And, without MLB, OK City has Thunder instead! So much more to note. Will have to bring the kids to visit one day. Thanks All!
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your relocation isn't the Mason Ohio area in the Cincinnati Ohio area?

OH/TEN where they make the best of men!!!

Old 06-26-2019, 10:06 PM

108 posts, read 120,561 times
Quote:
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your relocation isn't the Mason Ohio area in the Cincinnati Ohio area?

OH/TEN where they make the best of men!!!
Yessiree!

Old 07-19-2019, 09:55 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Gotebo

Hooterville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City