Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 09:28 PM

279 posts, read 1,013,900 times

Advertisements

We have any cool futuristic buildings. Like the dallas ball. Or the thing in Seattle. Arnt they from the world fair? What made Oklahoma City not have one.? Do you ever think that we will get one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 05:34 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,597 times
The Devon Tower is what you are looking for, but leadership square is rather futuristic. You should check it out. Very confused over here. Again, take it lightly.

Last edited by happytown; 12-01-2008 at 05:44 PM..

Old 12-04-2008, 04:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureArchitect View Post
We have any cool futuristic buildings. Like the dallas ball. Or the thing in Seattle. Arnt they from the world fair? What made Oklahoma City not have one.? Do you ever think that we will get one?
People haven't liked the ideas that have come up, such as the giant oil well derrick on the Oklahoma River or giant statue of an Indian chief.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:56 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
The Devon tower will be taller than the tallest building in Dallas. I'd say that is something special for a city about 1/2 to 1/3 the size of Dallas, which is in a metropolitan area of 6.5 million people.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:49 PM

Old 12-06-2008, 10:03 PM

Oklahoma City. Let me tell you it has a bright future.
New skyscraper going up taller then ALL of Tulsas.
Devon Energy World Headquarters.
And they are putting money into our streets downtown and lights and parks.
Here it is.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 242KB.
The current building is on the left. They will sell this once it is completed.

OKAY; HERE IS THE SKYSCRPAER (Around 57+ Stories. Finished 2012)

And to add to this list. Our core to shore that might pass.

http://www.taparchitecture.com/projects/planning/pics/01.jpg (broken link)

And this citys "Bricktown" (An entertainment district) has had over 6 new buisnesses in the last week. And expecting over 60 by summer/next year.

Ever since we got the NBA team. The city has a new feel. We have 1.2+ million people and the 3rd largest city in land size.

Oklahoma City is on the rise..

Although; I have to say that i love Tulsa's Skyline. hahhaha.
No but seriously their skyline was awsome!

-Tevin

Old 12-06-2008, 10:41 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureArchitect View Post

Oklahoma City. Let me tell you it has a bright future.
New skyscraper going up taller then ALL of Tulsas.
Devon Energy World Headquarters.
And they are putting money into our streets downtown and lights and parks.
Here it is.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 242KB.
The current building is on the left. They will sell this once it is completed.

OKAY; HERE IS THE SKYSCRPAER (Around 57+ Stories. Finished 2012)

And to add to this list. Our core to shore that might pass.

And this citys "Bricktown" (An entertainment district) has had over 6 new buisnesses in the last week. And expecting over 60 by summer/next year.

Ever since we got the NBA team. The city has a new feel. We have 1.2+ million people and the 3rd largest city in land size.

Oklahoma City is on the rise..

Although; I have to say that i love Tulsa's Skyline. hahhaha.
No but seriously their skyline was awsome!

-Tevin
Tulsa will always be the prettier city IMO and has by far the tallest skyscrapers, but OKC has a lot of steam in many different directions.
FYI- Core to Shore is in the books because its a public project. A Maps 3 tax might add to it, but it is currently happening with I-40 and land acquisitions.
C2S is a 20 yr plan along with the Indian Cultural Center.
Look it over.... Home
Google Image Result for http://www.hargreaves.com/projects/Institutional/AmericanIndian/NAM_1.jpg

Site Restoration

Old 12-08-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
Tulsa will always be the prettier city IMO and has by far the tallest skyscrapers, but OKC has a lot of steam in many different directions.
FYI- Core to Shore is in the books because its a public project. A Maps 3 tax might add to it, but it is currently happening with I-40 and land acquisitions.
C2S is a 20 yr plan along with the Indian Cultural Center.
Look it over.... Home
Google Image Result for http://www.hargreaves.com/projects/Institutional/AmericanIndian/NAM_1.jpg

Site Restoration

Oh, Mybad

Old 12-14-2008, 01:32 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Tulsa needs to get on the ball and stop being so dang conservative, though the BOK center does represent progress, though it was, unlike in Oklahoma City, such a struggle to get through.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:58 PM

266 posts, read 971,634 times
^^ It's not about being conservative. Because for one our city is ran by a bunch of democrats, they just don't know how to do anything. And Tulsa doesn't appeal to the big businesses anymore. I've also noticed that Tulsa is concentrating on smaller, more public projects. And also Tulsa was overbuilt to begin with, we are just now growing into our skyline. So it has nothing to do with being conservative. Mick Cornett in OKC is conservative, I think, and look at what he's done with OKC.

But to answer the question, well OKC has had two chances to come up with an "iconic" landmark such as the Space Needle or the reunion tower.. OKC had a chance to put up the giant Indian statue (which imo, would have been cool being by the river where the new Cultural center is being built). And now the most recent propostition which quickly went under was the 700+ foot oil derrick. Look it up on youtube. So OKC has had it's chances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGiJ0JWaOm0 there's the link.

"Energy Tower", awful name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City