Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 08:28 AM

2 posts, read 1,634 times

Advertisements

Yes My daughter is going thru this right now She is not very good at Comprehension on tests so she has been trying to re-take the test for a few years now There are Alternative tests to this law. I did not have to do this stupid thing while i was in school either I just took the writing and driving test and Boom ! I was done. However, I know that one of the Examiners that I had talked to said that it was enforced because they were having a lot of accidents with younger drivers. Well if you teacher your kids how to drive properly and respecful of others and of the road then you wouldn't really have to worry about it. My daughter is now 16 and half years old CAN'T get her Drivers permit because she hasn't passed this stupid READING test which makes Absoulutely NO sense because you dont have Examine or what is the meaning of this word on the Road. Its just basic things like STOP, Yield and Go ya know simple words that my 6th grader could do. I am not happy with this at all either. I didn't learn about it until AFTER she didn't pass the 8th grade test nobody had told us. We had moved here when she was in 1st grade and nobody decided to tell us not only that but the teachers at the schools now a days for the most part DON"T CARE !! I ended up going thru a school called Epic Charter school its here in oklahoma, both of my kids are now Homeschooled from home thru this school its a public school out of OKC however the benefit is being home and being able to take your time on your school work to where you can understand it , You get assigned a teacher and you meet with the teacher depending on if you have a IEP (ILP) "SPecial Ed" as they call it and if that is the case its every week however, if your not and don't need it then our teacher that we've had has done once a month which I think has put my kids not on top. I am actually going to switch teachers to this teacher that my daughter's friend has she seems to be on top of everything and its a husband/wife team and the husband is a Math Professor at a college close by. They put to much of what the kids pass and etc. on the kids to where I know for my kids that extra pressure makes them nervous even more and that is why they aren't doing as well.

If i would of known this i would of stayed in California or moved to Texas where everything is Just Simpler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 08:35 AM

2 posts, read 1,634 times
My daughter who is now 16 and half has been trying to pass this STUPID test - its not about if you can READ english its about words that don't even make sense considering that "Above is to ???" and then multiple choice you don't see that on the road nor do you see that on the written driving test its the rules of the road which they have a BOOK for and you read and study the book and the guide and then you go and take the test no big deal. I have no clue as to WHY this is even in place any more besides OKlahoma has become STUPID over the years.

My daughter has even taken the "Alternative" Test and for the Entire summer she read books now have to admit she did come up on her numbers she missed passing by like 3 pts. I mean if they are close to passing the test why not just give it to them it shouldn't be 78% and that is it should be with in this range you have passed the test kinda like they do on the writing test you can miss 3 and STILL pass.

It's Ridiculous. She is thinking about just waiting until she is 18 and then going and taking the driving test because, she wont have to take the written one I dont think and even if she does have to take the written one its just her studing for the test thru the driving book.

Old 04-11-2017, 05:11 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,517 times
Maybe homeschooling isn't for your children. How long has it been since there were in a traditional school setting?

Old 07-15-2017, 10:09 AM

3 posts, read 1,963 times
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin847 View Post
What is this about the kids in 8th grade have to pass a test in order to get their drivers license. My son was telling me about this, he's 14 in the 8th grade. I have never heard anything about this. What kind of test is it anyway. Is the school's trying to tell me if my son should drive or not, he is my son, it's up to me, they don't even take time to teach the kid's. Much less teach them how to drive. I've been letting him learn to drive since he was 12. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of, about the school's.
So apparently it's a "requirement" I took the test in 8th grade and I was not your son's age I didn' t pass it which for him he might've passed if so good for him

Old 07-15-2017, 10:11 AM

Default Been there too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklamomx2 View Post
My daughter who is now 16 and half has been trying to pass this STUPID test - its not about if you can READ english its about words that don't even make sense considering that "Above is to ???" and then multiple choice you don't see that on the road nor do you see that on the written driving test its the rules of the road which they have a BOOK for and you read and study the book and the guide and then you go and take the test no big deal. I have no clue as to WHY this is even in place any more besides OKlahoma has become STUPID over the years.

My daughter has even taken the "Alternative" Test and for the Entire summer she read books now have to admit she did come up on her numbers she missed passing by like 3 pts. I mean if they are close to passing the test why not just give it to them it shouldn't be 78% and that is it should be with in this range you have passed the test kinda like they do on the writing test you can miss 3 and STILL pass.

It's Ridiculous. She is thinking about just waiting until she is 18 and then going and taking the driving test because, she wont have to take the written one I dont think and even if she does have to take the written one its just her studing for the test thru the driving book.
I've been in the same place as your daughter and now I'm having to retest a second time

Old 07-15-2017, 10:14 AM

Default But what about the permit

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylordyoung View Post
I know this has already been answered, but I thought I might as well provide some insight.

If you fail the test, you are unable to get a driver's license until you are 18. I'm a sophomore in high school, and I had a friend that failed it, and he can't get his license. So yeah. It's real.
So yes I failed the test but what about the permit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma