Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
QT is a chain of convenance stores based out of Tulsa called QuikTrip. They are famous for being clean and their employed are smart and efficient. For example when you are rang up and lets say the total is $11.48 the clerk has already counted out the change while you are taking your money out of your wallet/purse. And they really count out the change, I have never seen any of them rely on what the read out of the register. They are quick quick quick zip zip zip and very smart. They are all very clean and friendly. Believe me, I have friends who live in Atlanta who drive out of their way to go to QT. Over the last several years Forbes has as one of the best place to work.

Georgia: Atlanta (128 stores)
Arizona: Phoenix/Tucson (100 stores)
Texas: Dallas/Fort Worth (100 stores)
Kansas/Missouri: Kansas City (79 stores)
Missouri/Illinois: St. Louis (73 stores)
Oklahoma: Tulsa (68 stores)
Kansas: Wichita (38 stores)
Iowa/Nebraska: Des Moines/Omaha (36 stores)
Carolinas: Greenville/Spartanburg/Charlotte (22 stores)
Love me some QT. The coffee stand with multiple flavors and combinations, etc. are always well worth the stop.

Gotta love our Oklahoma companies: Quick Trip, Braum's, Sonic...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 06:07 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,765,734 times
When my son moved to Atlanta last year, he was excited that there was a QT just a couple of blocks from his house. They are by far the nicest convenience store/gas stations I've been in. Gotta say though, our On Cue's aren't too slouchy either.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:30 AM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Red View Post
Okay---I'm dying to know. What is "QT"? My family and I are planning to move to Tulsa is why I want to know.
Pretty much what Okie1962 said. The reason I brought it up in this thread is because OKC doesn't have them. They are a great convenience store. The best thing about them is that you can walk into any of them and they are set up exactly the same. No looking for you need, once you know where something is it's always in the same place no matter the location of the store. Great for those late night trips if you know what I mean.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:44 AM

1,368 posts, read 3,218,221 times
QT also promotes from within and the store managers all started as the normal hourly clerk. Some convenience store chains don't do that.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:36 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times
Tulsa >>>>>>> OKC.

I can go into more detail, but this is the real deal.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:44 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
I agree with Griffis that Tulsa is ahead of OKC but neither are well-balanced cities.

OKC excels if you like sports and/or the rodeo and it is the faster growing city. Tulsa has much better concerts, nightlife, shopping, parks, and is all around much prettier. Tulsa has much better weather as well. However, both cities are lacking in one area or another (OKC moreso).

In this part of the country, I would say Kansas City, Dallas/Ft Worth, or Austin are far nicer places to live than OKC or Tulsa.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
In this part of the country, I would say Kansas City, Dallas/Ft Worth, or Austin are far nicer places to live than OKC or Tulsa.
I was born in Austin and still love the town, but it has gotten seriously crowded and expensive the past couple of decades. For Texas, I'd opt for San Antonio (still just over an hour away from Austin.)

For Kansas, I always thought Lawrence had a cool vibe. Obviously San Antonio is smaller than Austin or Dallas and Lawrence is tons smaller than KC.

Truth be told, while I do prefer Tulsa over OKC, my favorite town of decent size in this part of the country may well be Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:49 PM

533 posts, read 1,711,306 times
San Antonio is larger than Austin I think

Old 04-28-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintysooner View Post
San Antonio is larger than Austin I think
You are so right! I just checked City Data and San An is nearly twice as big as Austin in both population and geographic size. I never realized.

I spent a lot of time in both cities up into my teens but haven't been to either one in a good 15 years. Guess I just knew Austin better, spent more time there and only visited certain parts of San Antonio so I diodn't realize how much bigger it was.

Both towns beat the hell out of Houston and D/FW in my opinion (which, granted, ain't worth much.)

Old 08-05-2014, 09:48 PM

3 posts, read 3,819 times
I would say OKC over Tulsa any day. I live in a smaller southern well-to-do suburb of T-town as the natives call it. I have never adjusted to life here. I lived in Norman area for 7 years and OKC for a year and worked downtown for a law firm in college. I still love going to OKC. With any city it is the people that make it. If you are an outsider in OKC, it's ok, there are so many international companies drawing different types of people and many colleges around that you will certainly find your group. And you will never here the phrase "It's on a grid" if you get lost in OKC. Inside joke about Tulsan's. Now, Tulsa on the other hand is an insider city. Good luck finding a job at a top firm or top company without knowing Someone or being someone's son-n-law or niece. The same goes with joining friend groups. If you find the out of towner group you'll be set for friends. If not, best of luck, it's like a big click that you are not a part of or a member. And as for the crime, it's all over this place! Sex trafficking in the suburbs, and gangs in the "good" schools. Good neighborhoods back up to the worst neighborhoods you've ever experienced in your life as section 8 housing is spread through out Tulsa and is really close to nice malls like Woodland Hills. Even in ritzy areas criminals will break into your home in the middle of the day and either rape or kill who ever is home. This has happened to friends of friends living on "suburban"areas. Tulsa has been listed on the most dangerous cities list more times than I'm comfortable with, and they even disassembled their gang task force unit years ago. Good job mayor! I lived in a "nicer" area with my in-laws and my car was broken into 4 times in 6 months. As for the economy, Tulsa is hanging on to old money and Trust fund babies in bad economic times. Good companies avoid it like the plague. I have been trying to get my husband to leave it since we moved here 13 years ago. When the economy is down it is really bad if your in the "out" group and don't have an Uncle who can get you that promotion or job. There are no big in-house attorney insurance company jobs here because they are all based in OKC. Wonder why? Downtown Tulsa is sort of a gamble, like downtown Montego Bay Jamaica, you don't know if that homeless guy will beat you to death or stick a gun in your face. But you might take a chance to see a concert, if there is a parking space. It's a mess in Tulsa. People get excited over stupid Crap like another bike trail or another playground. Yay, more public crap, more taxes, but no jobs. Oh and highest liquor tax of all 22% tax an all drinks. Try that next time you go out! Anyway just my opinion after living a fair amount of time in both places. I have friends here, but they were from college, and I barely see them. Everyone else stays in their "click". It's a bizarre place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma