Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 09:33 PM

330 posts, read 970,477 times

Advertisements

Hey y'all (I've been saying y'all all week now, it's contagious). Anyway, had a wonderful trip and a productive one. Had a couple of interviews that went extremely well. We also secured a house in Norman. I will post some pics in the pics thread. We'll be moving in June and I can't wait to be a transplant okie . I might have passed you guys on the freeway or some road. I drove all around. Nice storm you had there last week. Man, I forgot how loud the thunder sounds. I thought it was an earthquake, but then remembered we were in OK. I got hooked watching the all the weather updates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 10:09 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techienomad View Post
Hey y'all (I've been saying y'all all week now, it's contagious). Anyway, had a wonderful trip and a productive one. Had a couple of interviews that went extremely well. We also secured a house in Norman. I will post some pics in the pics thread. We'll be moving in June and I can't wait to be a transplant okie . I might have passed you guys on the freeway or some road. I drove all around. Nice storm you had there last week. Man, I forgot how loud the thunder sounds. I thought it was an earthquake, but then remembered we were in OK. I got hooked watching the all the weather updates.
Great news! We look forward to your pics. I'm so glad things went well for your visit. June will come very quickly, so get busy Yes, I'm sure I passed you on the road. We're waiting for y'all

Old 04-12-2008, 10:10 PM

266 posts, read 972,113 times
Quote:
Really nice to hear! I'm glad you enjoyed Oklahoma. And yes the weather updates can be very addictive. And I personally cannot ever get tired of the thunder.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:06 AM

432 posts, read 669,354 times
Quote:
Here's one way to measure the loudness of thunder: if it's loud enough to set off car alarms in a nearby parking lot, it's loud.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:45 AM

^^ True, car alarms always go off in a storm.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:32 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,403,446 times
Welcome to OK Techie!

When I get settled in, I think I'm
going to start telling all the newbs
how awful it is here so we don't get over populated.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:22 PM

330 posts, read 970,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Welcome to OK Techie!

When I get settled in, I think I'm
going to start telling all the newbs
how awful it is here so we don't get over populated.

This was our reaction we we learned we got the house:

YouTube - Oklahoma."Oklahoma".

Old 04-13-2008, 06:42 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
I enjoyed that. Thanks for the link. The amazing thing is last year after we decided to move to OK, my daughter's school decided to do Oklahoma! as their spring play. She thought it was providential.

Quote:

Old 04-13-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:

I'm truly surprised at your reactions of Oklahoma. Were you born and raised here or something? Most Californians despise Oklahoma and laugh when they hear someone say it. A lot still think we ride on horses and crap too.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:12 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
A lot still think we ride on horses and crap too.
I ride horses.......and even been known to crap every once in awhile
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma