Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 07:16 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,349,343 times

Advertisements

Okay guys. I got up one morning at dawn and went outside and I heard loud heavy breathing in my tree. I called the dog and she came running but the sound quit and she didn't seem interested in the tree. Is there a bird that makes this type of breathing sound? My first thought before I heard where it was coming from was Big Foot, but no stink. My other friend said, Chupracobra. LOL. Tell me what kind of animal makes a breathing sound that is very, very, very loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 07:22 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Okay guys. I got up one morning at dawn and went outside and I heard loud heavy breathing in my tree. I called the dog and she came running but the sound quit and she didn't seem interested in the tree. Is there a bird that makes this type of breathing sound? My first thought before I heard where it was coming from was Big Foot, but no stink. My other friend said, Chupracobra. LOL. Tell me what kind of animal makes a breathing sound that is very, very, very loud.
An opossum can make a heavy breathing sound or a hissing sound when it feel theatened, and don't let anyone fool you by saying, "opposums don't clime trees". Because they do.

Oh, and the CHUPRUCOBRA iis in Puerto Rico, if you believe in it.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:25 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,084,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
An opossum can make a heavy breathing sound or a hissing sound when it feel theatened, and don't let anyone fool you by saying, "opposums don't clime trees". Because they do.

I agree....not any type of fantasyland creature...just an everyday, normal type of animal....and they do climb trees...and hang upside down from them too.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:21 AM

702 posts, read 2,517,019 times
Quote:
Do you leave your shades up? Perhaps a pervert sitting in your tree with binoculars??? Sorry, couldn't resist!

Old 08-15-2009, 08:39 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,979,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansgi View Post
Do you leave your shades up? Perhaps a pervert sitting in your tree with binoculars??? Sorry, couldn't resist!
I wasn't anywhere around there.........

Old 08-15-2009, 09:39 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,828,166 times
^^ Don't believe him! ^^

If not a Possum how about a really fat Raccoon? They are excellent climbers and their coloring would be hard to spot if it was still kinda dark out. (And they will *pant* when they are stressed or frightened)

Old 08-15-2009, 04:15 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,349,343 times
well, we do have opposums so more than likely that is what it was. raccoons we have only seen once.

i heard about chupracobras in south texas too. thanks. i will chaulk it up to the possum. that is some heavy breathing. they get up in that tree because of the bird feeders, but they can't get the fat out of that one feeder like they used to, so i may have frightened up the tree further.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:17 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,525,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post

And Mexico and South Texas.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:19 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,525,442 times
I don't fully understand what you mean by a "heavy breathing" sound, but I'm betting it's Cicada's.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:34 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,049 times
Quote:
well, we do have opposums so more than likely that is what it was. raccoons we have only seen once.

i heard about chupracobras in south texas too. thanks. i will chaulk it up to the possum. that is some heavy breathing. they get up in that tree because of the bird feeders, but they can't get the fat out of that one feeder like they used to, so i may have frightened up the tree further.
If you want to keep them and other 4 legged critters out of your bird feeders, try spraying hot sauce on the seeds. It doesn't bother the birds at all, because they don't taste like us and the ground dwellers. But it does a great jod of keeping the four legged ones out of your feeders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma