Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2010, 10:12 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If the drive belt is part of your problem(which I think it is), for that type of Murray rider the belt alone can run from$22.00-- $28.00 and up.
You need to learn how to re-install both the drive and deck belts yourself. Actually it a fairly easy task. So if you or anyone needs to replace a belt, send me the make and model# (usually found on the back or under the seat) and I can send you either a belt diagram or a break down of that model rider. I can also get
part #'s for you.
Unless of course you can afford to pay the repair bill..
I can replace the deck belt easily. I guess I didn't know it was as simple as a drive belt. If you can send me a diagram of the belt, I would be very appreciative and NO, I cannot afford any stupid repair bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 12:58 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I can replace the deck belt easily. I guess I didn't know it was as simple as a drive belt. If you can send me a diagram of the belt, I would be very appreciative and NO, I cannot afford any stupid repair bills.
I need the Model # ,(which should be on the back, above the hitch) and what size cut, (38". 42" 46") inch cut? That's usually found on the side of the hood.

Some riders have a belt diagram for the deck, right on the deck and some under the hood.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:25 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,325,183 times
Quote:
NO! It's got one foot in the lawn mower grave yard. Too danged hot to even mess with it. I just remembered today, we have a neighbor about a mile up the road that has a sign, "Small Engine Repair". Gonna have to go give him a hollar.

In the meantime, I got 85% of the lawn mowed, and the rest is 2-3 feet tall.
Smirk, smirk.

I've been mowing, a bit at a time - and I wish I had 85% of it done. Right now I'm concentrating on the back yard, it's gotten way out of hand since I'd been paying more attention to the more visible parts. Lotsa little toads hopping madly away as I cut. I just don't have any water right around, other than the drainage ditch, so I have no idea what's drawing them. Do toads eat grasshoppers, maybe?

What's holding me back isn't the heat while I'm mowing, I can stop and take breaks whenever I want. It's walking to the gas station to get more gas - it's amazing how long those few blocks can be when it's in the 90s.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Smirk, smirk.

I've been mowing, a bit at a time - and I wish I had 85% of it done. Right now I'm concentrating on the back yard, it's gotten way out of hand since I'd been paying more attention to the more visible parts. Lotsa little toads hopping madly away as I cut. I just don't have any water right around, other than the drainage ditch, so I have no idea what's drawing them. Do toads eat grasshoppers, maybe?

What's holding me back isn't the heat while I'm mowing, I can stop and take breaks whenever I want. It's walking to the gas station to get more gas - it's amazing how long those few blocks can be when it's in the 90s.
I was running into alot of lizards/toads in the church field. This time it took me all day because there were alot of mole hills and the ground was still damp. So when I was about half done there was so much dirt and grass packed under the deck I had to slow way down in order for the blades to cut.

If any one has experienced a belt "burnt" in half or a burnt spot on a deck belt, that's from going into high grass or the underside of the deck is packed.

How it happens is, the blades and belt slows down but the engine doesn't.
When that happens the engine pulley is spinning inside the belt and burns the belt.
So if you go into high grass and hear the blades slow down but not the engine, back up or lower the RPM's until you hear the blades pick up speed.
If this becomes a constant problem, the underside of the deck is most likely packed.

just a tip

I always use "high lift" blades on my mowers. Never universal (flat) blades.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:21 PM

19,723 posts, read 10,498,348 times
Everything I've wanted to know, about mowing, but never asked.............

Old 07-23-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Everything I've wanted to know, about mowing, but never asked.............
I'll be glad when the grass is burnt to a crisp and we don't have to mow anymore. It used to happen in August, but we are no where near that point now.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I'll be glad when the grass is burnt to a crisp and we don't have to mow anymore. It used to happen in August, but we are no where near that point now.
up here, either. 2'' of rain, a couple of nights ago, and another storm, on the way.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
up here, either. 2'' of rain, a couple of nights ago, and another storm,
Quote:
on the way

YouTube - Loretta Lynn - One's on the Way

Old 07-24-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
up here, either. 2'' of rain, a couple of nights ago, and another storm, on the way.
I know I asked before, but what part of the state of SD are you from? I have been to Yankton in spring. It was beautiful.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I know I asked before, but what part of the state of SD are you from? I have been to Yankton in spring. It was beautiful.
I have family, in Yankton. I live on top of a hill, in the James River Valley, 25 miles North of the World's Only Corn Palace. Our little hamlet has a population of about 80........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma