Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 10:08 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
Really!? It's that easy!? I thought I'd have to pay someone to do it for me...
Yes, it's very simple. Instructions for installation may come with the replacement, but it's just reverse process.

Saves money doing some repairs yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 11:08 PM

297 posts, read 586,762 times
Thanks a bunch!

Now I just need to find an auto parts store that it won't cost an arm and a leg to get to by cab... Cause heck if I'm walking that far in the heat we've been having. If I tried that I wouldn't need a car, I'd be dead!

Old 07-12-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
Thanks a bunch!

Now I just need to find an auto parts store that it won't cost an arm and a leg to get to by cab... Cause heck if I'm walking that far in the heat we've been having. If I tried that I wouldn't need a car, I'd be dead!
Take to old switch with you so they can make sure you get the right replacement.

Are you equipped to buy online? It can be done that way. (that's where the pictures came from) I can post the link for you.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:57 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Default the saga continues

Just talked to BTF and she still can't get the car unlocked. I called the Saturn dealer for her and they said most likely the cylinder is locked (which is apparently is a "weakness" in this model), and if jiggling the key and steering wheel hasn't worked it should be towed in. She has AAA, so she's calling them now to see if they can unlock it, and if not to tow it to the Saturn dealer, which is only about 7 minutes from her house. She also has to start work today at 2:00 and pass a menu test.

Ah, life on your own.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:54 PM

Thanks Colleen for updating everyone while I was busy taking care of things!

Another update:

After working at the ignition for 30-40 minutes the locksmith from AAA confirmed that the cylinder was irrepairable, so I called and got a tow truck out here because for some stupid reason when the cylinder goes bad, which is the only time you'd probably NEED to take it out, you can't unless you can turn the key. How dumb is that? But anyway, my car is now at the Saturn dealership being checked out and hopefully fixed. And I'm just praying it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

As for work, I called several times and got a guy from the kitchen who obviously couldn't help me. Eventually I got the guy who was supposed to go through my food class with me and give me the test and told him I could call a cab and still come in for the class, but no way could I pass the test since I haven't had enough time to study with all this going on. He said don't bother paying for a cab, just call him and reschedule once I've got my car back. That is a huge relief. Now I'm just hoping this doesn't pose a big problem for my managers.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:59 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Ok, I must have missed something. Where are you working and when do you work? I get to the City frequently and I need to know where to ask for the waitress staff that will get the job done for me. Also, practice your menu skills here......let me know what is available (I am praying it isn't McDonalds, Burger King, or Arby's) and when you will be there.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:15 PM

Oh goodness... do I really wanna tell you where I work? I'm going to be nervous enough as it is, without having to serve people I know!!! LOL

Okay... it's Outback Steakhouse on SW 74th...

I don't know when I'll start actually getting my own tables, but maybe I'll let you know, if I think I can live up to your expectations! Haha

Old 07-13-2009, 03:39 PM

I'l send you a bill for my time,....

GOOG LUCK

Old 07-13-2009, 04:26 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times
Wow, it sounds like you're kinda having a rough go of it the first couple of days in OkieVille, BornToFly.

Sorry to hear that, hang in there. I'm glad my fellow Okies are rallying around you to help you out.

Blessings.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 AM

Oh, I'm alright Bass&Catfish. Just got a little overwhelmed. Going from living at home with Dad and within 20 miles of just about everyone in my family to almost 2,000 miles away living on my own and knowing very few people, and none of them really well, it's just a huge adjustment.

I've grown up a lot in the past month, and especially in the past two weeks. It's a little scary, but good for me!

On a completely different topic, I don't feel like finding the old tornado threads, but all I've been able to find out is that the school (OCCC) would be a good place to go if there were a tornado. How does it normally work with public buildings used as storm shelters? Don't most big storms like that happen at night, when the school is probably going to be closed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma