Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 08:45 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times

Advertisements

According to the weather channel, the area between Joplin and Tulsa got hit hard with rain and wind. There even appears to be damage plus nearly 7 inches of rain. Did everyone in that area turn out ok?

Personally, I think I'm a jinx. Whenever I'm interested in an area or even check it out, they seem to get hit with terrible storms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 09:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
ok Jammie, don't pretend to be interested in any area except for the ones you wouldn't want to live near, then we will all be ok. tomorrow is our big departure day, we have the note pad packed and the camera.

Nita

Old 06-11-2007, 11:27 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,597 times
Oklahoma is just fine. Nothing to worry about especially in Tulsa. - happtown

Old 06-11-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok Jammie, don't pretend to be interested in any area except for the ones you wouldn't want to live near, then we will all be ok. tomorrow is our big departure day, we have the note pad packed and the camera.

Nita
Happy, glad to hear that there isn't a lot of problems from the storm down there.

Nmita, I think I'll do a bit of checking on Iraq, Iran, etc. They'd be nice places to live, wouldn't they?

Seriously, I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

Old 06-12-2007, 08:00 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
Nita, you had better take lots of pictures. We want pics! You could also post a diary on the trip as well. Have a great time and keep us posted.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:28 PM

Tulsa World

It looks like they're still seeing effects from the heavy rains.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:34 PM

And here's a video recount of channel 6' website.

KOTV.com - The News On 6 (http://www.kotv.com/e-clips/?id=6682 - broken link)

Green country is really going to be green this year..

Old 06-13-2007, 02:12 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Synopsis,

You never explained to me how I can get my photos posted here.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:22 AM

You need a flickr, photobucket, or other account (which are free, up to a point) to where you can upload your photos (I like flickr).

Once you've signed up and follow the instructions to upload your pictures, do the folllowing:

1) Go to the flickr website, click on the picture you wish to display on the CD forum until it appears full size (usually this means clicking on a thumbnail, and then clicking on the magnifying glass above the image)

2) With your mouse on the full-size picture, right-click (not the left mouse button, the right mouse button) your mouse and select "copy image location" from the pop-up menu. You have just copied the image location into your computer's memory.

3) Now, either start a new thread on CD, or reply to a thread where you wish to post your photos.

4) Above the message box where you enter your text upon replying to a thread, there is an icon that looks like mountains inside of a square; it's to the right of the globe with a chain link beneath it.

5) Click on the mountain box icon and you'll be prompted to enter the URL of your image.

6) Now, if you've properly copied the image location into your computer's memory (as outlined in step 2), all you should have to do at this point is clear out the http:// that's already there (delete it) and then press CTRL-V (paste) simultaneously on your keyboard.

7) Click the OK button once you've entered the url. You'll see an image location appear inside the message box. You can repeat this process with as many images as you wish to post. Make sure the insertion point for your images are below one another in the message reply box. I usually separate my images with a space or two, and enter a title above each image url if desired.

8) Once you're finished inserting image URLs, click on "post reply" and you should see the image displayed as it appears on the original website.

NOTE: Don't use webshots because webshots won't let you link directly to their images. I recommend flickr. When using flickr, make sure and click on the magnifying glass with the + inside of it to view your picture full size (and copy that image location into your computer's memory if you really want people to view your picture full size on CD).

Good luck, and let me know if you need any more help!

Last edited by Synopsis; 06-13-2007 at 08:33 AM..

Old 06-13-2007, 12:30 PM

Well, the southern rains have made their way up here. It was SO wet about a month ago, then it totally stopped raining. We're now getting some of the rain that came up from your area. Since about 10 last night, we've had a bit over 3 inches of rain. It's just rained off and on since then. Supposedly, we're supposed to have about 5 inches of rain until it's over. This is amazing though~no major storms with it. We had a nice thunderstorm last night, but we love those. Guess the whole central area of the country will be pretty and plush at least for the start of summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma