Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 05:26 PM

30 posts, read 37,652 times

Advertisements

Work temp jobs, be expendable, drink every night to offset the boredom, make $10/hr. Have clients lie about your performance to cover their own mistakes, and look bad/get fired.

Work at McDonalds for minimum wage. Hey, the #1 activity in Omaha is eating (and drinking, hence the number of bars and restaurants), so there's always a job opening at fast food.

Work at Walmart for about 8$/hr (if that), drink every night to remember what it felt like to have a soul.

The good thing about Nebraska is there are an abundance of boring, horrible jobs and not much else unless you really, really like selling things to people over the phone while they're trying to eat their dinner (which is probably take out or something).

Want to do work for anything involving computers? There are no linux jobs, so you have to know windows, know 50 different technologies, have at least a bachelors, and you might be able to make $12 an hour! Anything that requires a brain cell is left to people with at least a bachelors, because it's an employers market, despite the supposed low unemployment rate.

Want to get hired anywhere else? Be prepared to be as masochistic, submissive, and as boring of a person as you can possibly be. Your soul is a liability, not an asset; as Omaha is the great meatgrinder of the Midwest, recruiters/HR can smell a person with a soul left to lose a mile away, but they prefer to hire already broken people, so good luck with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 05:28 PM

If anybody managed to beat the above system, tell me. I'm lost finding any jobs, and having no social network here (nebraska people suck, lol), even careerlink is a nightmare.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:47 PM

Ah, Omaha people, always the most ready to prove someone wrong by saying nothing of importance! Congrats.

Now, do you have anything to say, in agreement or disagreement? Or you're just going to insult me?

Old 07-27-2010, 05:48 PM

And just to brush off the ad-hominems, I had1 decent job here that was only part time, and lol, was located all the way in Gretna.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:00 PM

Other people hate Omaha as much as I do? Maybe, instead of waving husker flags around and pretending this is anything other than a mediocre/boring place to live, why don't you accept criticism?

This is the only account I've had here. You can pretend that only one person doesn't like this area and that's fine with me, but sad you have to invent conspiracy theories about it!

Omaha people were never known for being "open minded," hence examples like banning gambling and letting Council Bluffs take away potential revenue. Instead Omahans prefer to raise city revenue thru taxes to go to a new stadium when we already have one!

People like Bosco are why people need to stay away from Omaha. Such a hostile metro area.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:04 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahole View Post
Other people hate Omaha as much as I do? Maybe, instead of waving husker flags around and pretending this is anything other than a mediocre/boring place to live, why don't you accept criticism?
Maybe if you did a better job trolling, it'd be harder to spot you so easily.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Maybe if you did a better job trolling, it'd be harder to spot you so easily.
You clearly got angry at what I had to say and pretend I'm somebody else (?), but since you're not contributing anything to the discussion, please leave this thread.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
You clearly got angry at what I had to say
Angry? Hardly. Just shining some light on the black hole that is your life apparently. I don't let trolls bother me.

Quote:
but since you're not contributing anything to the discussion, please leave this thread.
No thanks. I'm perfectly happy here discussing your trolling.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Angry? Hardly. Just shining some light on the black hole that is your life apparently. I don't let trolls bother me.

No thanks. I'm perfectly happy here discussing your trolling.
If I bothered you as a "troll," why do you insist complaining about me complaining?

Please, just leave this thread. I'm here for discussion on Omaha, not your ego-gratifying internet tough guy attitude.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
I'm here for discussion on Omaha
No you're not. You're here to bash Omaha and you're doing it with the exact same stupid arguments I've personally watched you trot out under different aliases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha