Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 11:31 AM

2 posts, read 2,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
I'm optimistic about it. I don't think it'll be any more than five years.
any proof?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 11:50 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Does West O need bus service? Is there enough people to support it?

Old 01-31-2011, 04:25 PM

624 posts, read 1,309,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyleejr77 View Post
any proof?
Friend, it was my opinion. I don't need to provide proof for something I didn't claim as fact.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:33 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,546,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Does West O need bus service? Is there enough people to support it?
the 15 route is proof enough. it is frequently used on sundays. taken it many times. about a dozen people on there in early mornings on sunday.

same is true on saturdays (which I took the 15 a couple times out to oakview)

same with the 55 that runs 6 days a week into ralston and out by super saver on 144th and q street.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:25 PM

I think a better question is "Does Northwest Omaha need Bus service?"

I think Southwest Omaha does, without a doubt, and it does have bus service. Enough? I don't know. For now, probably. Northwest Omaha is a different question, if you ask me. Northwest Omaha isn't near being finished, road-wise at least. There are more two-lane roads, than there are four-lane, divided roads. All the two-lane roads have crappy grass shoulders, and do they have sidewalks? But under the conditions the roads are in, in Northwest Omaha, I can't see anybody wanting to wait for a bus and walk as far as they would have to to get to a main road. I think Northwest Omaha is even more car oriented than Southwest Omaha is.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busguy2010 View Post
I think a better question is "Does Northwest Omaha need Bus service?"

I think Southwest Omaha does, without a doubt, and it does have bus service. Enough? I don't know. For now, probably. Northwest Omaha is a different question, if you ask me.

Northwest Omaha isn't near being finished, road-wise at least. There are more two-lane roads, than there are four-lane, divided roads.

All the two-lane roads have crappy grass shoulders, and do they have sidewalks? But under the conditions the roads are in, in Northwest Omaha, I can't see anybody wanting to wait for a bus and walk as far as they would have to to get to a main road. I think Northwest Omaha is even more car oriented than Southwest Omaha is.

u are so right about sw omaha, busguy.

southwest omaha isnt allowed to have the 55 run on sundays for some reason.

why the 5 dont run on sundays is another mystery. having it run on sundays like it does on saturday would be something. I love the 5 route and I wish it ran on sundays cause the 90th and 108th and fort areas have no bus service at all on sundays.

http://ometro.com/bus-system/bus-rou...0th-south-96th

despite many have asked for it to run, so you are right, that sw omaha needs bus service.

say, u think we will ever get the 55 to run on sundays or is Curt Simon and the folks at METRO think that is too conveinent?

I btw take the 15 sometimes on sundays and many other passengers tell me they would take the 55 on sundays if it ran,

but since we arent allowed to have the 55 run on sundays, those who have to go to Q street or Harrison or even further south of harrison have to walk all the way from center.

btw: if you have to get to 72th and F or 72nd and L on sundays u gotta walk a few miles, the 13 on sundays dont run to that area for some reason

I perfer the 13 and 18 run the same way on sundays, like they do the other 6 days a week.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:00 PM

btw: I think have at least as a test run, a route 6 days a week between westroads and how bout 144th and maple would be good

(like the 1 or 48 route) I would bet it would catch on if they had a route 1 or 48 like route for nw omaha.

that or finally get the 22 to run on sundays.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:00 PM

I suppose maybe we should be thanbkful that we have what we do. What about lincoln? They have all those college students that may not have a car, yet, their bus system doesn't run past 6:00 on weekdays, they barely run on Saturdays and they don't run on Sunday. Yet, they have GPS, and real time arrival announcements in the buses and at stops with shelters. I call that better. I'd say, before we add more routes, which would cost more money, improve on what we have, and add stops with real time arrival info, as well as buses with street intersection announcements (Metro bus drivers are supposed to announce all lighted intersections as well as every noted destination in the route map, but how many people ever knew that?) and how about changing the brand name on the effing buses (already three months late, still only one that says "Metro" on it). Even if it's just an image improvement, that's improvement. They shouldn't have even changed the name if they weren't going to be better right off the bat. All this hesitation and not keeping up with announced deadlines for improvements, they've made me think Metro sucks worse than MAT.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:44 PM

906 posts, read 1,810,755 times
How about we start with some bus stops with posted information? Route destination, fees, and stop times would at least give the impression that Omaha is not such a ghetto city.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:21 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMen View Post
How about we start with some bus stops with posted information? Route destination, fees, and stop times would at least give the impression that Omaha is not such a ghetto city.
I agree. Honestly...I have no idea how to even use the bus service. I have no idea where they run, how much they cost, the times, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha