Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 07:32 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,321,648 times

Advertisements

Nice pictures, just drove past Nebraska Crossing twice today and will drive past twice tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 08:09 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,868,319 times
A six screen theater complex would draw a lot of truck drivers from the Flying J. A shuttle bus to and from the FJ would be a good idea. Heck I might buy a fifteen passenger van and do a shuttle service myself IF the Mall has several businesses that would attract the truckers. A fine sit down restaurant and a bar plus a movie theater would attract a lot of drivers.

GL2

Old 05-14-2013, 01:00 PM

2,234 posts, read 3,321,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
A six screen theater complex would draw a lot of truck drivers from the Flying J. A shuttle bus to and from the FJ would be a good idea. Heck I might buy a fifteen passenger van and do a shuttle service myself IF the Mall has several businesses that would attract the truckers. A fine sit down restaurant and a bar plus a movie theater would attract a lot of drivers.

GL2
If there is parking for semi's then the truckers will just park at the Crossing. Just like before, truckers would park and walk up the hill to McDonalds.

I don't remember anyone saying there would be a movie theater or a restaurant at the Crossing, or are you just saying there should be these businesses there?

Old 05-14-2013, 05:07 PM

73 posts, read 221,525 times
That have said there will be a restaurant or two but none have been named. It has been suggested that it will be more than fast food.

No word on a theater and that would be an extreme long shot IMO

Old 05-21-2013, 01:00 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,627,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshbarj View Post
Looks like yet another mall in yet another sea of cars. I don't see any reason why anyone living in Omaha or Lincoln would want to shop here. I live within walking distance of several options on the east side, so why would I want to drive 30+ min for something I already have. Not to mention I'd be supporting urban shopping rather than suburban sprawl.

(those who know me will get the joke about me "driving")
As others mentioned, this is not a normal mall, this is an outlet mall- these are outlet stores selling items for cheaper than what is found in normal stores in a normal mall. Most major cities have these nearby, and they are always quite a ways out from the city itself, sometimes seemingly in the middle of nowhere- it's how they operate, it's cheap property, cheap rent, which allows for the lower prices.
So this is not anything you already have in Omaha or Lincoln.

The thing I don't get is, when I first moved to Lincoln in 1997 the outlet mall had quite a few stores and it was failing miserably, leading to the near collapse it had recently with no retail left there. How do they expect a new rebuilt one to succeed? And why would these stores all come now when they didn't seem to want to come to this location in the past?

Old 05-21-2013, 03:51 PM

906 posts, read 1,810,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
As others mentioned, this is not a normal mall, this is an outlet mall- these are outlet stores selling items for cheaper than what is found in normal stores in a normal mall. Most major cities have these nearby, and they are always quite a ways out from the city itself, sometimes seemingly in the middle of nowhere- it's how they operate, it's cheap property, cheap rent, which allows for the lower prices. ?
Now retailers avoid rent alltogether by selling their discount goods online. Good luck getting anybody to join an outlet mall these days, especially one like this that gets near-zero traffic.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:56 AM

Here is what it looked like on the evening of May 24

This is taken from the old back enterance. This may be the new main enterance. This is the Tee intersection with Hwy 6.

Nebr Crossing May 24-103 by nebugeater, on Flickr

Nebr Crossing May 24-102 by nebugeater, on Flickr

Looks to be a moc up of what the building face will start to look like.

Nebr Crossing May 24-30 by nebugeater, on Flickr

From the Corner of the McDonalds parking lot.

Nebr Crossing May 24-101 by nebugeater, on Flickr

Old 06-23-2013, 09:24 AM

Here is an update from June 22 with some pano photos from three locations.

taken from what was the enterance into the back of the old mall. This is where Hwy 6 & 31 meet.

Nebr Crossing June 22-Pano 7 by nebugeater, on Flickr

Taken from the The corner of theMcDonlads lot near the drive through boards

Nebr Crossing June 22-Pano 6 by nebugeater, on Flickr

taken from the off rank from I80 onto Hwy 6 near the mall

Nebr Crossing June 22-Pano 1 by nebugeater, on Flickr

Line to my Flickr set starting the last day of business at the old mall

Nebraska Crossing - a set on Flickr

Old 07-21-2013, 05:00 PM

This is what you can see from outside the fence as of July 21.

You can click through to Flickr for a larger view.

Taken from what was the entrance into the back of the old mall. This is where Hwy 6 & 31 meet. AS you can see they have now started to grade much further to the North. Guessing the new road will start to go in soon.

Nebr Crossing July 21-105 by nebugeater, on Flickr

Taken from the the corner of the McDonalds lot near the drive through boards

Nebr Crossing July 21-102 by nebugeater, on Flickr

taken from the off ramp from I80 onto Hwy 6 near the mall

Nebr Crossing July 21-99 by nebugeater, on Flickr

Even with a bunch of lifts there has to be ONE show Off!

Nebr Crossing July 21-2 by nebugeater, on Flickr

Old 08-06-2013, 05:05 PM

A few pictures from August 5

One of the sign posts. This one is near what will be the new main enterence

Aug 5 Nebraska Crossing-81 by nebugeater, on Flickr

Along the I80 exit. You can see five of the new structures

Aug 5 Nebraska Crossing-101 by nebugeater, on Flickr

From the McD lot

Aug 5 Nebraska Crossing-105 by nebugeater, on Flickr

Rebuilding what was the main enterance

Aug 5 Nebraska Crossing-65 by nebugeater, on Flickr

Aug 5 Nebraska Crossing-37 by nebugeater, on Flickr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha