Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:45 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,609 times

Advertisements

I suppose if you don't lease a spot that might be bad news for you. Time to start carpooling with someone that does have a spot I guess. There will be some crazy out of town people that aren't familiar with downtown Omaha, but they should figure it out. It seems like most of the downtown areas I've been to in most cities all have one way sections, so hopefully it won't be a surprise to too many people. Plus several of the streets in the stadium area are two ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 09:22 PM

624 posts, read 1,309,678 times
I wish people would even barely consider using the bus, even for just the CWS period of time. A short drive to a free park and ride lot and a stress free trip on the bus will get you within a couple blocks of anywhere downtown.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:53 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
I think the atmosphere will be decidedly more corporate and it will lose a lot of its sense of tradition. I think some new traditions will be made, but I question if it will compete, at least for awhile, with the things that developed at Rosenblatt.

I do think the park itself will be beautiful, and will be state of the art. I think fans will like that. I think a lot of the other stuff surrounding it will be missing.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:41 AM

65 posts, read 123,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I think the atmosphere will be decidedly more corporate and it will lose a lot of its sense of tradition. I think some new traditions will be made, but I question if it will compete, at least for awhile, with the things that developed at Rosenblatt.
Yes, some of the traditions will be lost. The traditions that come to mind for me are parking in peoples' trashy front lawns and wondering if they will also put the car up on cinder blocks to complete the experience, and generally being embarrassed for my city. Those traditions will certainly be lost.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 AM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,580 times
Quote:

I do think the park itself will be beautiful, and will be state of the art. I think fans will like that. I think a lot of the other stuff surrounding it will be missing.
I am genuinely curious what traditions you think will be lost.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:24 PM

817 posts, read 1,769,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
Same here. I live in the neighborhood (somewhat) and the CWS was always a nightmare for both the residents of the area and the fans. It was basically an organized chaos, though just barely organized. From what I can see nothing will be lost in the move, unless you liked that old dilapidated stadium.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:40 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
I think there were groups of fans that would travel to Omaha every year to experience the small-town feel, and the general "homeyness", or folksy atmosphere. I question if that's going to continue in the new location.

Maybe it is...I don't know. Maybe this will be the best thing for it. I hope so. I think there was a nice atmosphere with the old location and I just wonder if we'll lose some of that.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:50 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
I think there were groups of fans that would travel to Omaha every year to experience the small-town feel, and the general "homeyness", or folksy atmosphere. I question if that's going to continue in the new location.

Maybe it is...I don't know. Maybe this will be the best thing for it. I hope so. I think there was a nice atmosphere with the old location and I just wonder if we'll lose some of that.
Well first off, South Omaha definitely isn't a small town feel. That's for sure. Secondly, those people ultimately came to see baseball. I doubt any significant number of people will stay away because the new stadium is Downtown and any of them that do will be replaced and then some by people who now want to attend the more cosmopolitan event.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:07 AM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,580 times
I guess it depends which eyes you look through. I felt like it was chaotic and everyone just did their own thing, but to others that could give it a small town feel where the people make it work anyway they can.

I have to agree tho the few people that don't come to the new stadium for whatever reason will have two people taking their spot to be in a brand new arena in DT Omaha. Just my opinion.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:07 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
That's pretty much what happens whenever a historic stadium is replaced. People will yell about how no one will go to the new one, but they always do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha