Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 06:00 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert on Thursday signed a letter of intent with the developers of Crossroads Mall agreeing to seek up to $161 million in city incentives for a $397 million redevelopment project at 72nd and Dodge Streets.

The developers will provide $234 million in funding for the new Crossroads Village, the agreement says, and the city will support the project with a combination of general obligation bonds, sales tax revenue and tax-increment financing.

“The city has agreed to this unique financing plan to make this development possible,” Stothert said in a statement. “This project will provide thousands of jobs. Crossroads Village is good for the city, business and consumers.”

Omaha City Council member Pete Festersen, who represents the area, said it is “a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to redevelop one of the most significant commercial properties in the city.”
$397 million Crossroads redevelopment moves forward with 'unique financing plan' - Omaha.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 09:05 AM

624 posts, read 1,309,678 times
I saw this the other day elsewhere. Thanks for being an informative voice for this forum.

I'm glad the mayor is backing this development.

I am a little disappointed by the surface parking on the perimeter of the project, but hey I can't complain too much. Theres always the possibility of them being developed as well.

Not really diggin' the name Crossroads Village. I hope its not official.

I'm mostly concerned about where a transit center fits into all of this. We're working on a decade since the Crossroads area has had a real transit center. The meeting place on 76th works, but its far from ideal for both riders and motorists.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:38 AM

817 posts, read 1,769,903 times
I'd recommend not reading any posts on the local news sites about this. The racists are out in force, with some even claiming black people should not be allowed in the new development (what year is this again?). I spent a lot of time at Crossroads, some recently, and never had problems.

Sad thing is when you stick up for the area or for black people, you get down voted and called part of the problem. I'm not claiming it was crime free, but no worse than the city as a whole.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:43 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,545,403 times
I saw that too harshbarj

west Omaha 's racists and self righteous bigots needs to be talked about and publically denounced by city leaders

cause I am sick of hearing people trash and stereotype anything east of 120th street

(and yet people in west Omaha act like Omaha don't have bigots)

and if Crossroads is so "dangerous" than why don't NFM or UNO nearby have problems also? That is a question the bigots can never answer

Old 02-02-2014, 03:34 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,580 times
This will blow anything in West Omaha out of the water. Village Point is going to look small time compared to Crossroads by the time this is done.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:54 PM

817 posts, read 1,769,903 times
I myself would be happier with more in the way of mixed use. There is some in this projects, but every building should have residential above it. Parking should be built below the buildings to free up more land for actual use.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
This will blow anything in West Omaha out of the water. Village Point is going to look small time compared to Crossroads by the time this is done.

I agree iamjacobm

Old 02-03-2014, 07:33 AM

152 posts, read 244,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
Oakview, Village Pointe, Shadow Lake & Westroads have already lost their appeal. It'll be downhill from here, for all of them.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:53 AM

1,073 posts, read 2,195,118 times
Guys.. Today's day and age isn't completely free from them, but they are few and far between.. And everybody knows that people with their thumb up their @#$% love to express themselves on those forums.. Most of the people that post there don't even believe what they say, they just love pissing in everyone's cheerios..

Old 02-13-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old General View Post
Oakview, Village Pointe, Shadow Lake & Westroads have already lost their appeal. It'll be downhill from here, for all of them.

Westroads has the Rave (or whatever it called) and it is one of the best move theatres in town, so I doubt it downhill for westroads

plus new stores coming in later this year and in 2015 also
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha