Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 10:44 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,545,403 times

Advertisements

anyone else think it time Cheaters closes

also, what is with all the liquor licenses in mid-town.

Shooting Threatens Midtown Bar's Survival - Omaha News Story - KETV Omaha (http://www.ketv.com/news/21703868/detail.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 01:39 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
Given the reputation this place has, it might not be a bad idea.

Quote:
What do you mean?

Old 11-24-2009, 02:18 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,545,403 times
bosco, this may explain your question

Contentious Solution Offered to Limit Liquor Licenses - KPTM FOX 42: Omaha News, Sports and Weather; Nebraska News, Sports; kptm.com |

Contentious Solution Offered to Limit Liquor Licenses in mid-town omaha

Old 11-24-2009, 11:31 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post

Shooting Threatens Midtown Bar's Survival - Omaha News Story - KETV Omaha (http://www.ketv.com/news/21703868/detail.html - broken link)
Yes, I think it's time that bar goes. I used to live on 42nd and Levenworth and that place was always nothing but problems. Always a bunch of thugs on the corner looking for trouble.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,843 times
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]If there is a limit on liquor licenses it should be specific to the business. Midtown needs more businesses that support positive nightlife and just new businesses business in general for the area and residents of the neighborhood. For midtown to grow into a desirable place you need young adults (25-45ish year olds) to move into the area - and yes young people like to go to dinner and to the bar. Beyond Dundee midtown is the only area in Omaha that really lends itself to a lifestyle where you could walk to and from a business district like 40th and Farnam. The area is currently a mess but getting rid of cheaters is a step in the right direction. To get the ball rolling I do not think there should be laws that limit licenses but rather new businesses should be required to provide a well conceived business plan prior to gaining access to a new liquor license or property. Plans that add value to the area should be allowed to proceed and bars like cheaters should be DOA. I own residential properties within 500 feet of cheaters/straight shooters II and that place has been a nightmare, we have and will continue defer investment in the area until Cheaters is out of business. A large portion of our tenants are med-students who would love a nice restaurant or bar that they could walk to. I think this is a slippery slope and need to be careful what we ask for – although both hold liquor license there is a big difference between Cheaters and Espana in Benson. One is a great restaurant and the other is a wart. [/SIZE][/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha