Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 11:59 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,766,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorjason View Post
A normal, single earthquake wouldn't cause such a catastrophic event. But I thought I started the thread on talking about the Big One. You would agree that the Big One isn't a normal event, right? The Big One is supposed to be felt across the entire Western half of North America. The part I said of wealthy people living on little islands that are currently peaks in OC is the fantasy part. But all my life I have heard that the Big One will cause anything West of the fault in California to drop. You probably are aware that in certain earthquakes, the land drops, right? The drop could be severe enough that it falls into the ocean.

I'm not trying to be rude, it just seems like you are automatically dismissing something without even trying to research or learn of other possibilities? It doesn't make you gullible, it makes you open-minded.
Open minded?? Haha sorry. The San Andreas Fault is formed by the Pacific Plate and the North American Plate, two of the biggest in the world. They slide past each other in opposite directions, with the Pacific Plate moving North. If California were to fall off into the ocean that would mean there would be a huge gap between the plates and magma would start spewing out as if hell opened up. This is impossible considering that the Eurasian Plate and the Indo-Australian Plate would prevent it from moving out. Where LA is now, millions of years ago, used to be just east of Cabo San Lucas. Therefore, millions of years from now, it will be where San Fran is now. I mean even in the Loma Prieta quake the Fault only adjusted about a few inches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 09:43 PM

376 posts, read 1,507,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerGator View Post
what do you think the oc will look like then? According to this chart whites are quickly becoming the minority.Do you think taxes will go up to pay for all the social services the poorer residents demand.We know that hispanics have multiple children they cannot afford to pay for themselves.

Projected General and Ethnic Population - Orange County
wow, such ugly generalizations for a new poster. Worry about what you bring to the community not everyone else. Sorry, just hate to see such ugliness when anyone living here is truly blessed.

Old 09-14-2008, 08:19 AM

566 posts, read 1,941,718 times
It's not an ugly generalization - it's the truth.

How can anyone ignore the fact that CA is filling up with illegal Mexican immigrants who provide nothing but cheap, meanial labor while they create huge social costs for the state? And what about all that nonsense in CA about global warming? How come the lefties will not recognize the enormous impact this flood of illiterate people is having on the environment while every place in CA becomes overcrowded. No matter, if it does not fit your agenda just ignore it. Well CA is going broke and you won't be able to ignore it much longer.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:05 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,274,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerGator View Post
what do you think the oc will look like then? According to this chart whites are quickly becoming the minority.Do you think taxes will go up to pay for all the social services the poorer residents demand.We know that hispanics have multiple children they cannot afford to pay for themselves.

Projected General and Ethnic Population - Orange County
I don`t know but I will be 100 years old if I`m lucky enough to see it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County