Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 02:07 PM

31 posts, read 44,104 times

Advertisements

I found this ad on CL and it almost seems too good to be true ★SELLING YOUR HOME ? SHORT TERM LEASE-QUICK MOVE★GARAGE POOL GYM

but I have googled them and they seem legit, so has anyone heard of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 02:13 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,537,463 times
The Irvine Company owns most of OC. What are you looking for exactly? Help buying? Help selling?

Old 06-15-2014, 04:20 PM

31 posts, read 44,104 times
It's a short/longer term rental. When we move, we're starting over, and not bringing any of the furniture.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsvixen View Post
It's a short/longer term rental. When we move, we're starting over, and not bringing any of the furniture.
Ok. The Irvine Company owns properties, they aren't RE agents. Its pretty easy to find places without any agents out here. Just find an area you like.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:20 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,005,312 times
I lived at the bluffs in Newport Beach back in 2008 (an IAC community). I found the place to be very nice, with a responsive management staff, and very good maintenance staff.

But you need to rent a townhouse unit (which is more like a real home) rather than one of the boxxy units that are a bit cheaper.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:44 PM

123 posts, read 260,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I lived at the bluffs in Newport Beach back in 2008 (an IAC community). I found the place to be very nice, with a responsive management staff, and very good maintenance staff.

But you need to rent a townhouse unit (which is more like a real home) rather than one of the boxxy units that are a bit cheaper.
The Bluffs is overpriced and overrated.

It's like living in a kennel as there are dogs everywhere. Fine if you're a dog owner I guess but if you don't have one, it will get on your nerves. Speaking of the prices, they are so inflated, it doesn't make sense anymore to live there alone. I wouldn't rent there unless you have a significant other who is willing to pay half the overpriced rent they charge.

The only good thing about the place is the responsive maintenance staff and the Vegas pool.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Jack View Post
The Bluffs is overpriced and overrated.

It's like living in a kennel as there are dogs everywhere. Fine if you're a dog owner I guess but if you don't have one, it will get on your nerves. Speaking of the prices, they are so inflated, it doesn't make sense anymore to live there alone. I wouldn't rent there unless you have a significant other who is willing to pay half the overpriced rent they charge.

The only good thing about the place is the responsive maintenance staff and the Vegas pool.
Places like The Colony and Promontory Point are more expensive. Define "overpriced". Take into consideration you are living within a mile of world class shopping (Fashion Island) some of the best beaches (CDM/Newport) on the west coast and some of the most expensive land (Newport Coast) in the entire country. Stick to Costa Mesa if you want affordable.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:14 PM

150 posts, read 281,673 times
Definitely the Irvine Company is more expensive. But they have some very nice communities and I am actually moving back to one of them soon. I was very happy with my experience and plan to return.as the previous post ur comin in this area is near some of the best beaches and shopping in the country so of course it cost more. And don't forget the weather is amazing too.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:05 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
I looked at a lot of Irvine Company properties before I rented private, and they appeared nice, but for the money the mediocre construction/lack of privacy/sound abatement, no thanks.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:14 AM

7 posts, read 17,232 times
I am currently living in a 3-bedroom townhome on an Irvine Company property in the Turtle Rock village of Irvine, and it is true that the rent here is sky high. I pay $3200 per month for 1200 square feet plus an attached 2-car garage. However, it is worth it for me because with Irvine Company you are basically guaranteed a place that is problem free, and if there are problems there is a dedicated maintenance staff that will take care of it quickly.

Let me explain further. I moved to Irvine from the Des Moines area of Iowa in January 2014. Initially I wanted a detached house, and I found a small 2-bedroom house in the Westpark village of Irvine. It was $2300 per month for 1100 square feet with an attached 2-car garage. The place looked great and was in a really nice location next to a park. However, once I moved in I discovered major problems. The attic was infested with rats and I could hear them at night. The private landlord basically put the burden on me to deal with the problem, so I hired a pest control company. After fighting the problem for about a month, I moved out and that's how I ended up with Irvine Company. In talking to my neighbors in Westpark, several of them apparently have problems like this and they just put up with it. I was unwilling to do so.

So, here is the advice I would give to you. The houses here, although they are worth a bazillion dollars, are old and have maintenance issues. These absentee private landlords do not want to spend the time or money to maintain these old properties. If there is an issue, they will tell you to fix it and deduct the money from the rent. So, if there is a problem, you will be dealing with it. Make sure you inspect any rental closely and CHECK THE ATTIC (I didn't). Although Irvine Company is hyperexpensive, their properties are well maintained and they have a dedicated maintenance staff. Coming from Iowa, my eyeballs popped out of my head when I saw the cost of housing here. If you had asked me 6 months ago if I would pay $3200 for a townhome I would have said that is insane. But I have to tell you that I am happy to pay that now after going through that experience with the privately owned rental house. A good option would be to initially move into an Irvine Company place so you know you're getting something good, and then start looking for a cheaper alternative after you get here and can do a thorough inspection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County