Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2014, 02:56 PM

117 posts, read 238,284 times

Advertisements

Do homeowners in Mission Viejo pay a monthly fee for trash collection by Waste Management?
In Aliso Viejo, I have to pay CR&R for trash collection monthly. I can't find any information on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 12:26 PM

389 posts, read 916,840 times
Mission Viejo contracts with just the one service? I would just give them a call to find out if you can't find an answer on their website. It is always possible that the city may pay the bill but include a fee to homeowners through the city/property tax. (I am used to this method in other parts of the country.)

Old 07-22-2014, 05:33 PM

68 posts, read 192,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsifoes View Post
Do homeowners in Mission Viejo pay a monthly fee for trash collection by Waste Management?
In Aliso Viejo, I have to pay CR&R for trash collection monthly. I can't find any information on this.
When we lived in Pacific Hills (Oso & Marguerite) we paid Waste Management directly for trash collection. When we lived in Cypress Point (gated condo near Mission Viejo lake) the trash was paid by the HOA fees. So it will depend on where you are living in Mission Viejo if you pay directly to Waste Management or if it is paid through the HOA. I am sure you can call Waste Management directly and give them the address and they would be able to tell you.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:46 PM

35 posts, read 102,507 times
This is an interesting topic... I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone could answer.

What is a typical monthly cost for trash collection for an average SFH in OC? Also, what is a typical monthly water bill?

I'm trying to compare these costs to what I'm currently paying in the Chicago area.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:07 PM

298 posts, read 628,268 times
My quarterly trash bill in OC is $48. Our monthly water bill is approximately $80 but my son takes extremely long showers so I think ours is on the high side.

Old 07-23-2014, 02:59 PM

389 posts, read 916,840 times
In regards to the trash bill portion of your questions, the trash bill will be dependent on the size of your trash can. Obviously the larger the can, the higher the bill. I believe the recycle can is a standard size.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:29 AM

117 posts, read 238,284 times
Thanks for the inputs. I found out I had to pay Waste Management for trash collection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County