Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 05:50 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
No, because it is important to resist an evil person even if you are hungry.
So... you're saying the homeless have a moral imperative to stay hungry? Fascinating. I really think you should walk the streets and proselytize this, uh, interesting worldview. Make sure you bat away any food in their hands.

Quote:
The US culture rewards greed and tells people that greed is good.
The US Economy rewards adding value to society. I know you've never studied economics, but in brief, it is the study of the allocation of scarce resources in a world of unlimited wants and desires.

Quote:
Greed is evil and people should not tolerate it.
Sooooo.... now you want to dictate what others should and should not tolerate? That's rather, uh, totalitarian of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2018, 05:51 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,869,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
What free stuff. I don't want to give away free stuff. I want to offer an incentive, like move on or jail and LOSE their stuff.
My bad. I got confused. I thought you wanted to house them someplace.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:57 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
This almost entirely minority crowd in Irvine protested against the homeless being brought to a parcel next to the Great Park. What is shocking is the heartlessness of this crowd. Also, don't they know that putting people of differing socio-economic together enriches everyone?

/sarc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpY3MHvNG7I

Last edited by LuvSouthOC; 03-26-2018 at 06:21 PM..

Old 03-26-2018, 06:00 PM

1,022 posts, read 739,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
My bad. I got confused. I thought you wanted to house them someplace.
No problem. Everyone wants to think they have the solution and the world should listen to them (me too, guilty).

I'm just firm on every person needs an 'incentive' to do anything. Be it $ or jail or infinite suggestions, but like I said, The only reason I check my mail is there might be a bill that needs paid. I don't want my electric shut off. That's my incentive to check it.

Homeless have NO incentive'

Old 03-26-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
This almost entirely minority crowd in Irvine protested against the homeless being brought to a parcel next to the Great Park. What is shocking is the heartlessness of this crowd. Also, don't they know that outing people of differing socio-economic together enriches everyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpY3MHvNG7I
Oh truly heartless, maybe they should build a tent city in Laguna Niguel.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:09 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
Quote:
No problem. Everyone wants to think they have the solution and the world should listen to them (me too, guilty).

I'm just firm on every person needs an 'incentive' to do anything. Be it $ or jail or infinite suggestions, but like I said, The only reason I check my mail is there might be a bill that needs paid. I don't want my electric shut off. That's my incentive to check it.

Homeless have NO incentive'
They do have incentive, they just are not desperate like some other people in society who will take what ever scraps a company offers because they live in fear. Even though the position/job is worth MUCH more, the company will exploit the desperate.

I think some of the homeless are just lazy drunk bums but others are VERY intelligent people. Your not going to get them to dig a ditch for 5 cents an hour just because some mexican is willing too that some employer illegally hired or what ever.

I dont want my power shut off either but you better believe if it gets out of hand I will start minimizing and looking for alternative energy, most people dont do that which then gives weakly regulated power companies tremendous leverage.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
They do have incentive, they just are not desperate like some other people in society who will take what ever scraps a company offers because they live in fear. Even though the position/job is worth MUCH more, the company will exploit the desperate.

I think some of the homeless are just lazy drunk bums but others are VERY intelligent people. Your not going to get them to dig a ditch for 5 cents an hour just because some mexican is willing too that some employer illegally hired or what ever.

I dont want my power shut off either but you better believe if it gets out of hand I will start minimizing and looking for alternative energy, most people dont do that which then gives weakly regulated power companies tremendous leverage.
I don't think so.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:19 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Oh truly heartless, maybe they should build a tent city in Laguna Niguel.
Do you understand sarcasm?

Old 03-26-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Do you understand sarcasm?
Gotcha - phew.......blew right past me.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:37 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
If not having to sleep next to a smelly dumpster every night in their urine soaked clothes isn't enough "incentive" to get up, work hard, make an honest living, to make their life better then those people should probably should stay homeless, that's what they deserve in all honesty.
Yet this is a cause to which, by your own admission, you donate huge sums of money each year. Why, if you actually think so little of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County