Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 07:25 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,012,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Considering you put this in the Los Angeles forum and Anaheim is 30 miles down the freeway from L.A (it's in Orange County) .....your 'expertise' on gang membership in Anaheim isn't especially impressive.
He is a transplant from a region where people use racial slurs in public, and believe what they see on TV shows.

He also thinks he is an expert on the law, because he watched an episode of SVU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 07:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
He is a transplant from a region where people use racial slurs in public, and believe what they see on TV shows.

He also thinks he is an expert on the law, because he watched an episode of SVU.

One of 'those', huh?

Old 02-23-2017, 07:33 PM

164 posts, read 138,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanms3030 View Post
Renting doesn't equal your property....except in the mind of typical radical lefty who is too lazy and apathetic to vote at all
Wrong again. In every house rental or 1st apartment agreement I've ever read there is a clause where the renter is responsible for the cleanliness and basic upkeep of the yard and sidewalk. So cutting the grass, picking up litter, raking leaves, removing snow and ice are all the renter's responsibility unless otherwise negotiated with the landlord.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:37 PM

117 posts, read 155,202 times
Based on what went down on this video, I believe both parties made mistakes. The off-duty officer should have kept himself calm and contacted on-duty officers. It seems like he tried to handle things on his own and it escalated. He should have never try to drag a kid away, that was not smart in my opinion. The kids were also in the wrong. Why would you get yourself into an altercation with an off-duty cop, not the brightest idea. Honestly, if any middle-aged man would have told me to get off their lawn, I would respect it. I was known to be argumentative growing up and rebelled against what I didn't agree on however, I've always respected adults who were fair and I approached situations with empathy. Patiently assessing situations like these is the key to determining whether you are wrong or not, which most kids will not do in their teens. Cop should have set the tone and kept it nonverbal/physical if they didn't cooperate.

Last edited by SyCo; 02-23-2017 at 07:53 PM..

Old 02-23-2017, 08:28 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,689,002 times
This whole thing is the result of bad parenting.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:23 PM

626 posts, read 626,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Let me ask you... would you have PUT YOURSELF into that position where you had to draw on kids? Would you have grabbed a kid off the sidewalk and dragged him across a lawn to your property? Couldn't you - as an adult - have done something other than escalate a situation with barely a teenager?

If this cop was on patrol and came across the same situation with someone else, don't you think he is trained to find a better solution? Don't you think he would have made some adult with a grip on a kid let him go? Isn't that part of his job?

Have you listened to the vid? A young girl (12?) stood on or crossed his lawn, and according to what was being said, this adult called her out of her name and that started this sh*tstorm. Nobody knows if this is true or not, but again that start does not justify this end.

And NO, I don't think 13/14 YOs are innocents, they can be holy terrors, but it seems obvious to me that that is not what was happening in this vid. Those kids standing around were not looking for trouble, they were trying to get to school and trying to get their friend free. Nobody is saying that these kids were in the right - no, they weren't. But he was a hell of of a lot more wrong than they were and he should have known better.

Does he have a right to protect himself? Yes.
Does he have a right to keep kids off his lawn, of course he does.

What I really have trouble with is when people start crap, and then when it escalates out of their control - through their own actions - they want to bring out a gun and play innocent. "I started crap with a bunch of immature kids, and therefore I have a right to shoot them when what I started goes wrong."

If he was sitting on his lawn and the kids all surrounded him and started hitting on him "because." Then I would have a different opinion of this story.

Also, my beef with my "quick draw" in this thread is that these are NOT gang members, and he finds it useful to label them as such so he can justify them getting shot down in the street. "He lament" that they do not sound "American" says a lot about him on it's own. Again, they are immature kids, and if this cop is not mature enough to know how to handle things with a bunch of kids, IMO he has no place on a police force - or to have a gun.

How could he have handled this? When he started dragging the kid across the yard and the other "bigger" kids came over, all he had to do is let go of that first kid. No escalation, no threat of a fight, no need to pull a gun, no need to have almost killed a kid or two over someone walking on his lawn. All he had to do is let go.
I saw the video a couple times and I did not say he did not do anything wrong. He is at fought here as well, and I did not say he didn't do anything wrong. But from what I heard earlier on the radio by people that live in the area those kids are a neighborhood nuisance. So he probably got mad and said something to them, then they responded back like teenagers do. It then escalates from there.

The problem with your assumption that if he just let go of the teenager then they would go away and nothing else would happen. Sorry to tell you but they were surrounding him in the video and it looked like they were 30 seconds away from sucker punching, then gang up on him.

I really don't think we have the whole story here honestly.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:09 PM

477 posts, read 276,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfx1024 View Post
Sorry to tell you but they were surrounding him in the video and it looked like they were 30 seconds away from sucker punching, then gang up on him.
And NO ONE defending the little thugs would have shed a tear for the dead or paralyzed cop. But they sure would blame law-abiding gun owners because the thugs stole the cop's gun from his unconscious body and then used it to commit crimes. Because, you know, victimhood is reserved for women and minorities.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:43 PM

164 posts, read 138,217 times
Quote:
I saw the video a couple times and I did not say he did not do anything wrong. He is at fought here as well, and I did not say he didn't do anything wrong. But from what I heard earlier on the radio by people that live in the area those kids are a neighborhood nuisance. So he probably got mad and said something to them, then they responded back like teenagers do. It then escalates from there.

The problem with your assumption that if he just let go of the teenager then they would go away and nothing else would happen. Sorry to tell you but they were surrounding him in the video and it looked like they were 30 seconds away from sucker punching, then gang up on him.

Because he had already robbed and jacked up the smallest kid there, of course the kids are going to defend their friend from a thug that never identified himself as an officer and started attacking them for stepping in an unfenced yard.

Where I live the cops wouldn't have even shown up for kids taking a shortcut through anyone's unfenced yard, but you nuts equate it with B&E and get a hard on for the chance to shoot at people, proving to us that no, you are the type of people who wouldn't pass a psych evaluation to own a gun if that was a prerequisite.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:35 AM

126 posts, read 208,469 times
Quote:

Are you serious? Re-watch the video. Looks like a pedophiles was about to kidnap the kid. Grabbed him by the t-shirt?

Let's be real. If this was a black man doing this to a white teen, your views would have flipped 180. And you would have created a thread stating "thug bullies little boy walking to school".

Old 02-24-2017, 07:37 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Those kids don't look like gang members, doesn't mean they aren't little twirps.The cop looks like a cholo, that didn't identify himself. Some of you guys are ok with a random stranger grabbing you, claiming he's a cop without providing identification, then trying to take you. Then he pulls a gun when the friends are trying to protect the kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County