Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2022, 08:45 PM

1,231 posts, read 1,659,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I'm not here to argue that Orange County isn't densely populated, but it's the smallest county in California and a high percentage of the land is suitable for housing.

The parts of Los Angeles County that are flat and close to the coast are also very densely populated. The "less densely populated" parts of Los Angeles County are mountains or desert. Of course, there are not so many people who want to live way out there.
Actually, San Francisco (City and County) is the smallest county in California (areawise) followed by Santa Cruz and San Mateo.

https://www.counties.org/pod/square-mileage-county
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2022, 08:42 AM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacreole View Post
Actually, San Francisco (City and County) is the smallest county in California (areawise) followed by Santa Cruz and San Mateo.

https://www.counties.org/pod/square-mileage-county
My mistake! I wonder how I picked up that misinformation. It's by far the smallest in Southern California, at any rate.

Old 09-11-2022, 09:56 AM

327 posts, read 221,748 times
Orange County is a very nice area, but there are a couple of major issues, including extreme congestion and the lack of real greenery. Also, cool, dry climates are not my thing - I prefer hot, humid summers with some spring and fall color.

Old 09-11-2022, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Bluegrass View Post
Also, cool, dry climates are not my thing - I prefer hot, humid summers with some spring and fall color.
After the last week and a half, I think many OC residents abandoned any pretense that they could tolerate a hot humid climate.

Old 09-11-2022, 10:30 AM

8,659 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outer_Bluegrass View Post
Orange County is a very nice area, but there are a couple of major issues, including extreme congestion and the lack of real greenery.
Consider all the botanical parks (and preserves) with plenty of hiking trails, lookout points, and lush ‘zen’ spaces to enjoy not to mention ocean/mountain views. From my perspective, any ‘issues’ are more relevant to L.A./the metro area vs. OC in and of itself.

Old 09-13-2022, 09:56 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Consider all the botanical parks (and preserves) with plenty of hiking trails, lookout points, and lush ‘zen’ spaces to enjoy not to mention ocean/mountain views. From my perspective, any ‘issues’ are more relevant to L.A./the metro area vs. OC in and of itself.
What lush green botanical park in OC are you referring to?

Old 09-13-2022, 05:40 PM

8,659 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
What lush green botanical park in OC are you referring to?
I was speaking to parks, preserves, hiking trails and such in response to the poster who stated there’s no greenery. The largest botanical garden in OC is at the Fullerton Arboretum with many walking trails and 4200+ plant species. There’s also Noguchi Garden (with a grove of redwoods), Nigel Botanical Preserve (a trail connects to Laguna Niguel Regional Park), thirty miles of trails and coastal canyons at Wood Canyons along with 4500+ acres of wilderness as a part of the Laguna Coast WP, Limestone Canyon Regional Park/Nature Preserve (great place to mountain bike), and so on.

Old 09-13-2022, 09:04 PM

327 posts, read 221,748 times
Quote:
I was speaking to parks, preserves, hiking trails and such in response to the poster who stated there’s no greenery. The largest botanical garden in OC is at the Fullerton Arboretum with many walking trails and 4200+ plant species. There’s also Noguchi Garden (with a grove of redwoods), Nigel Botanical Preserve (a trail connects to Laguna Niguel Regional Park), thirty miles of trails and coastal canyons at Wood Canyons along with 4500+ acres of wilderness as a part of the Laguna Coast WP, Limestone Canyon Regional Park/Nature Preserve (great place to mountain bike), and so on.
I was referring to real, natural greenery, not arboretums or botanical gardens.

Old 09-13-2022, 11:11 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Quote:
If you think those trails are lush and green you need to get out of. Ca more

Old 09-14-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
If you think those trails are lush and green you need to get out of. Ca more
Depends on the time of year. Sometimes they are, but no part of Southern California is naturally lush and green all year. Come to think of it, Idaho is not lush and green all year either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County