Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 09:17 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,723,881 times

Advertisements

Just stopped by to say my wife and I stayed in Orange last week as I was on a business trip and we liked what we saw. Took trips through Irvine, Orange, Anaheim, Costa Mesa, and Newport Beach and aside from traffic (which was only bad at times) it was fairly easy to get around. The people were friendly, the pace was relaxed (aside from Newport Beach) and there was so much to see and do.

Long story short, we will visit again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2022, 04:49 AM

43,641 posts, read 44,368,561 times
Orange County is definitely a nice area!

Old 07-22-2022, 09:16 AM

1,231 posts, read 1,661,389 times
I concur. I just came back from a 4-day getaway in Newport Beach. I had an awesome time. Glad you enjoyed your visit, goolsbyjazz.

Old 07-26-2022, 10:52 PM

689 posts, read 639,047 times
Orange County hasn't gone the way of LA and SF yet. There is still a degree of normalcy here.

Old 08-30-2022, 10:39 PM

8,659 posts, read 3,861,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancuriosity View Post
Orange County hasn't gone the way of LA and SF yet. There is still a degree of normalcy here.
To be fair, despite its density, OC is essentially suburban (with the exception of a few pockets) i.e. it’s an apples to oranges comparison. That said, there isn’t much to dislike.

Old 09-01-2022, 11:33 PM

487 posts, read 244,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
To be fair, despite its density, OC is essentially suburban (with the exception of a few pockets) i.e. it’s an apples to oranges comparison. That said, there isn’t much to dislike.
I don't even think OC is that dense. And the traffic is decent.

Old 09-02-2022, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamThomas View Post
I don't even think OC is that dense. And the traffic is decent.
It’s a myth it isn’t that dense relative to its lack of an urban core in favor of newer ‘pockets’ and the image of suburban sprawl/its many beach communities. Actually, however, OC is more densely populated than twenty-something states, and the only county in California with a higher density rank is SF. Consider Anaheim, Irvine, and Santa Ana; also keep in mind the far reach of the Long Beach/LA metropolitan area, as a whole.

Old 09-02-2022, 07:54 AM

14,302 posts, read 11,688,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
It’s a myth it isn’t that dense relative to its lack of an urban core in favor of newer ‘pockets’ and the image of suburban sprawl/its many beach communities. Actually, however, OC is more densely populated than twenty-something states, and the only county in California with a higher density rank is SF. Consider Anaheim, Irvine, and Santa Ana; also keep in mind the far reach of the Long Beach/LA metropolitan area, as a whole.
I'm not here to argue that Orange County isn't densely populated, but it's the smallest county in California and a high percentage of the land is suitable for housing.

The parts of Los Angeles County that are flat and close to the coast are also very densely populated. The "less densely populated" parts of Los Angeles County are mountains or desert. Of course, there are not so many people who want to live way out there.

Old 09-02-2022, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I'm not here to argue that Orange County isn't densely populated, but it's the smallest county in California and a high percentage of the land is suitable for housing.
Yeah; hence my point: despite its density (and the fact it’s second in the state to SF), it’s an apples to oranges comparison regarding Urban Curiosity’s previous post - particularly relative to its lack of an urban core. That said, I’m certainly not complaining/arguing - even if the beach community homes are packed in like sardines and require three stories to support any sort of square footage.

Old 09-02-2022, 02:08 PM

189 posts, read 196,318 times
Basically, it’s not dense in an urban (NYC) way, but in a suburban way. But that’s SoCal as a whole, not just OC. Not a lot of undeveloped land remains. Most new housing is mixed use multi family repurposing of underutilized parking lots or retail. Have to go all the way down to Rancho Mission Viejo to actually find new SFH builds for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County