Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:56 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times

Advertisements

If it does, it makes me one too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 01:15 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
If it does, it makes me one too.
LOL! Old Farts unite! Interestingly, when we returned to California in 1951 and my parents were looking for a house, the first one we looked at was in Laguna. The problem was, it was an ocean view home on one of the hills and my mother drove a Hillman Husky station wagon. It was so gutless it could only take the hill in reverse. Consequently we ended up on Lido Island in Newport Beach.

Ah, the memories!

Old 04-26-2010, 03:24 PM

1,557 posts, read 3,306,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
If I remember Eiler Larsen, the Laguna Greeter, does that make me an old timer?
The statue of him I belive still stands on PCH on the north end of main beach. He was a ledgendary guy. Kind of like the patron saint of drifters. Many parking meters in the area now take donations for Laguna Beaches homeless population.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:27 PM

166 posts, read 380,546 times
refuge51 ~
Quote:
I remember the Hillside strangler, I was a waitress in Pasadena and he came in for coffee. I had long brown hair just like the girls he seemed to choose to kill. He seemed so normal...creeeepy. And I also remember the Mad Patter. He would carry his shoes with him, so nobody could hear him. One night, my mother saw him out the kitchen window heading toward a small house behind ours and chased him with a hammer. He sure could run!
wurzig ~
Quote:
I bought some upholstery thread from the Hillside Strangler in Glendale, but I didn't know it was 'him'. I also owned a yellow home in Duarte when Richard Ramirez was killing all kinds of people who lived in yellow homes....we slept with the windows shut that summer and did not own an air conditioner.... My brother-in-law worked at the prison where Tex Watson now resides.
Though, I have much respect for your mother ... one tough lady!

What the heck is a
Quote:
raw milk bar on PCH ~ Fontucky
?

Old 04-20-2011, 08:16 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
Quote:
When I was in junior high, my friends and I would walk to Mystic Arts from Capistrano Beach, and back, to buy black light posters for the walls of our rooms. That's a 20 mile round trip. Why did we do it? Because our parents wouldn't drive us.
Geez if i'd only known i'd have set up a black light poster stand at PCH and Crown Valley instead of selling lemonade. Couldn't you have taken the OCTD?

Old 04-21-2011, 01:04 PM

OCTD didn't exist in the mid-sixties.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMidwestMom View Post
What the heck is a ?
The head shop had a raw goat's milk bar in the back of the store. Why they did, I have no idea. Maybe the hippies back then thought it was a healthy adjunct to their daily LSD and MJ usage. All I know is, I wasn't attracted to the stuff.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:02 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
Quote:
OCTD didn't exist in the mid-sixties.
Yeah, I guess that was a 70s thing.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:11 PM

1,156 posts, read 3,782,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matzoman View Post
The High school has the highest drug problem in OC and their are many poor people in Laguna. It is not a paradise.
Hard to imagine any OC high school having a worse drug problem than Savanna in Anaheim. I went there in the early 70's and hadn't seen so many heroin and acid users in one place in my life before heroin overtook the L.A. and OC punk scenes. That school was a total drug supermarket, much worse than any other school I went to or knew of, and that includes college.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:19 PM

166 posts, read 380,546 times
Quote:
The head shop had a raw goat's milk bar in the back of the store. Why they did, I have no idea. Maybe the hippies back then thought it was a healthy adjunct to their daily LSD and MJ usage. All I know is, I wasn't attracted to the stuff.

Ah, thank you Fontucky, that explains the unexplainable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County