Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 01:57 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,573,112 times

Advertisements

Just a little curious but is there a little Race War between Whites and Mexicans in Orange County?LA kind of has a small but visible Race War between the Blacks and the Mexicans,mostly around South LA that has made it to local news the last couple of years which has sparked up countless fights and a great number of shootings.I wouldn't expect a Race War leading to physical violence in Orange County.I was up in Orange County about 12-15 times this past summer and maybe all but 5 times I have seen or heard a little turbulence between the two races.Is this going on in Orange County?I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 02:40 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,757,166 times
There is no race war in the OC area. There are still remnants of skinheads from decades ago(central/western/north county areas), asian and mexican gangs(central, older south areas), and white gangs(new south OC), but there is no turf war or hate war between them as they are pretty much insulated from each other. Gang issues in OC are generally between rivals of the same ethnic groups, particularly mexican and vietnamese.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:20 AM

1,658 posts, read 7,573,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
There is no race war in the OC area. There are still remnants of skinheads from decades ago(central/western/north county areas), asian and mexican gangs(central, older south areas), and white gangs(new south OC), but there is no turf war or hate war between them as they are pretty much insulated from each other. Gang issues in OC are generally between rivals of the same ethnic groups, particularly mexican and vietnamese.
Ok
That's good
I know why LA has conflict in that Race War but seriously?It's that big up there?If you are mad about Mexicans penetrating African American communities,then don't leave the African American community.Never understood that though.It's like that in San Diego's AA(in regard of Blacks leaving) communities and there's no Race War here;if anything AA's and Mexicans in SD get along the best.

That's good to hear though about Orange County.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:23 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,757,166 times
It's about drugs. Mexican drug cartels backing gangs in areas that were predominantly black and controlled by black gangs. Educated blacks have left the traditional black neighborhoods over the years seeking better quality of life for themselves and their children, and the void has been filled with hispanics(primarily Mexicans).

Old 12-15-2009, 08:58 PM

49 posts, read 113,936 times
Believe me. The race war does exist just like the battle of the sexes exists. It's not a hot war. It's a cold war. Growing up in north Orange County, I was side by side with Latino friends. Some of my relatives are Latino. Imagine my confusion when I started to see "Viva La Raza" posted in living grafitti in Fullerton.

In time I came to see the truth. I wasn't wanted by my Latino friends after all. Communications with my Latino friends turned out to be their exercise in diplomacy with me as their punch-doll for practice.

Then one day I was repeatedly raped by a Latino man. I thought at first that he was in love with me. But instead, he said over and over as he assaulted me harder and harder, "This is Mexico!" That's why he did this.

Another day I was told at a jobsite that catered entirely to Latinos that I didn't like Latin music because I'm Celtic. Never mind that I have several volumes of Latin music in my library. When I mentioned this fact, eyes rolled.

Another day my English friend placed an order at a Mexican take-out in Santa Ana. His order never came. He never got his money back either. But he did get sneers. Naturally he never went back.

I can think of other jobs I had where Latinos sided against me, just because I am "white," never mind if my father wasn't.

How can I look at these things and think there is no race war? You don't need to shoot people to have a race war. It's a war of tactics and harrassment. It's a war where, instead of communicating love and joy, we communicate that the other has less right to be or to be taken seriously. It's a passive-agressive campaign that says the other is less than a dog.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:51 AM

12 posts, read 65,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnea Urania Stuart View Post
Believe me. The race war does exist just like the battle of the sexes exists. It's not a hot war. It's a cold war. Growing up in north Orange County, I was side by side with Latino friends. Some of my relatives are Latino. Imagine my confusion when I started to see "Viva La Raza" posted in living grafitti in Fullerton.

In time I came to see the truth. I wasn't wanted by my Latino friends after all. Communications with my Latino friends turned out to be their exercise in diplomacy with me as their punch-doll for practice.

Then one day I was repeatedly raped by a Latino man. I thought at first that he was in love with me. But instead, he said over and over as he assaulted me harder and harder, "This is Mexico!" That's why he did this.

Another day I was told at a jobsite that catered entirely to Latinos that I didn't like Latin music because I'm Celtic. Never mind that I have several volumes of Latin music in my library. When I mentioned this fact, eyes rolled.

Another day my English friend placed an order at a Mexican take-out in Santa Ana. His order never came. He never got his money back either. But he did get sneers. Naturally he never went back.

I can think of other jobs I had where Latinos sided against me, just because I am "white," never mind if my father wasn't.

How can I look at these things and think there is no race war? You don't need to shoot people to have a race war. It's a war of tactics and harrassment. It's a war where, instead of communicating love and joy, we communicate that the other has less right to be or to be taken seriously. It's a passive-agressive campaign that says the other is less than a dog.
??????????????????????

Old 12-18-2009, 04:49 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times
It seems that way.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennystone View Post
??????????????????????
Rows of question marks indicate to me a state of denial that a problem exists at all. I can assure you, a problem really does exist. I did not make up the incidents I described and I do not believe they are isolated ones.

Old 12-24-2009, 04:17 PM

14 posts, read 62,505 times
For the most part no there is no race war... The only thing I can tell you is that if someone from a different race would go to a place were there is a diffrent group of people, that group of people will make that person or persons feel like outkast. It could be whites to Mexicans or Mexicans to whites... Race war? Thats your opinion...

Old 12-29-2009, 10:13 AM

It's not an opinion where people try to run you down with their automobiles or get into your face like a Latino stranger did to me yesterday, saying, "You can't be a white girl in Santa Ana!" That is clearly a threat.

You don't need a majority of people to effect any kind of a race war, whether it be a hot war or a cold one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County