Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,658 times

Advertisements

I am so sorry you find (almost) everyone and everything so unpleasant here. Going home to Chicago sounds like a good idea for you. I agree with you that there are a high percentage of unpleasant people here. Unfortunately, Southern California draws greedy selfish people to it. I always find it interesting to ask how long a person (or their family) has actually been living in CA... However, if you know where to look, and how to focus your own attention, you will find some of the most wonderful, caring, generous, and interesting people here in Orange County... Laguna Beach originated as an artists' colony and generations of creative, down-to-earth people live there (unfortunately alongside some of the selfish "Stepford-y" people...) Trabuco Canyon (and its neighborhood canyons) has history and secrets mixed with arches of live oaks and the scent of horses which deeply affects the people who live (although, yes, others tear out the forest to make room for their "McMansions". San Clemente has a small town feel with community members that support and care for each other- whether you've lived there for years, or just moved in... These are only 3 of the wonderful places full of amazing southern Californians...

You really must understand that good and bad people are everywhere, and the people you choose to engage with, befriend, and frankly, notice, is up to you... if they are all in Chicago, have a nice trip...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 03:05 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,253,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
Although I agree with you, you should never rip on someone's grammar or spelling on a message board.

I write train of thought rambles with so many typos its not funny.
It was funny because he was trying to make a point about how smart and cool he was. Live a little.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:56 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
It was funny because he was trying to make a point about how smart and cool he was. Live a little.
I know. I do.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:59 PM

257 posts, read 946,214 times
I stopped reading after skimming the first couple sentences. I don't like whiners.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:04 PM

264 posts, read 493,428 times
wow this post went the way of grammar and location equals stupidity, guess the mods are sleeping or on holiday.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:04 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Pretty much.
Ah, the California cretin croaks!

Old 05-31-2010, 05:01 PM

132 posts, read 351,104 times
If you want to go to an even more affordable place move to Texas you can buy homes cheap and the winters in most of Texas are mild. Don't expect people to make friends with you unless you show yourself friendly. Go make friends, you can do it anywhere.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:18 AM

92 posts, read 267,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you might be right about St Louis, but that isn't the entire state of MO. You get toward the SW section or up toward Kansas City and poeple are sincere and very hard workers. I don't particularly like ST Louis either.

Nita
I just got back from Joplin, MO and I can safely say that although many of the people seem like they are inbred they are all very courteous and friendly. I was staying at my father’s house and the neighbors on both sides of his house took the time out of their day to come over and introduce themselves to me and chat for a while, try finding that in OC.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:22 AM

92 posts, read 267,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
OC will be left with the talented and ambitious people.
And not enough jobs for all of them.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:29 AM

255 posts, read 882,056 times
I wish I were rich and handed a silver platter. What does that feel like? The silicone stuff is gross. To each their own. But plastic surgery, in my opinion shouldn't look fake, it should merely enhance what you already have. In la, there are a lot of women who all have that "cat face" going on. Full stretched lips, and perfectly taunt skin. Looks very fake.. yet they all go for the same obvious look. I wonder if its because in a few years when it starts to sag they won't have to run back for same procedure? Its very joan riverish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Orange County