Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 05:41 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,169,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysam View Post
I really don't believe it makes a difference here in southern Oregon because there aren't that many jobs to begin with.

I am in special education, and I am having a hell of a time trying to get all of the paperwork garbage that is needed to satisfy human resources in the various districts. It's still the three letters of recommendation garbage despite the fact I have been out of teaching for SIX YEARS and have NO current references of people who can attest to my teaching ability and who are not unethical, incompetent liars.
So wait. The job market is tough, but you are having a tough time because you don't have your paperwork together, or have good references?

That's not the fault of the districts you're applying to. Considering you're probably competing with people who do have their paperwork in order. Your application might just get chucked out immediately. Get your paperwork in order, and you might have more success!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon