Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 10:38 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,452,718 times

Advertisements

Woahink or Siltcoos lakes by Florence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 05:17 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
You might find a cabin/home you grow to love, around Lake Billy Chinook.

Real Estate FOR SALE - 12366 Airfield, Culver, OR 97734 - MLS® #201501947

https://www.google.com/search?noj=1&...23.VWYEuZ6A4g8

Another possibility .....i know you can rent houseboats on LBC. Perhaps you can also own one & moor it on the lake yearly? Maybe you could check into that if your interested......I know you can own a houseboat on Lake Shasta.

There are houseboats for sale around Portland, Oregon.

http://www.jbsfloatinghomes.idxco.co...ingID=15034232

https://www.google.com/search?noj=1&...78.lC-mmJGXdLQ

Can You Live on a Boat? | Wonderopolis

Floating Homes/House Boats - Jane Betts-Stover, Realtor - Portland, Oregon

Best of Luck finding your place...

Old 11-02-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsocal View Post
There's Selmac Lake in Southern Oregon. I know it's a good bass lake, not sure about trout. The town of Selma is 3 miles away, and Cave Junction 12 or so. It's a county park, so you won't get a place literally on the water, but there a few places across the street or nearby. You may even find a property owner that will let you stash your canoe at his place.
Lake Selmac is stocked with trout each year. I used to have a lot of Fun fishing there.....

It's a real nice lake. Usually there were some Bald Eagle & Osprey around nesting. I caught & released bass, bullhead catfish, crappie, trout, etc...

Lake Selmac Resort

ODFW Recreation Report: Southwest Zone

Old 11-02-2015, 11:38 PM

32,638 posts, read 48,015,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
You might find a cabin/home you grow to love, around Lake Billy Chinook.......houseboats on LBC. Perhaps you can also own one & moor it on the lake yearly?.......

Houseboats are all pulled out of the water every winter at Lake Billy Chinook.

I've boated there in the winter and the boat docks are halfway pulled up out of the lake. It makes it interesting to launch.

There are plenty of cabins and houses around the area of Lake Billy Chinook, but none of them are right on the water. Lake Billy Chinook is at the bottom of steep canyons. Rock cliffs go straight up from the water along most of the shoreline.

If you cross both the bridges so that you are between the Deschutes and the Metolius, there are private houses along there. That area is called Three Rivers North. Still a canoe would have to be transported to one of the boat launch areas. There is a boat launch dock at the state park between the Deschutes and the Crooked River. There is another boat launch at the state park just as you come down the hill from Culver and before you cross the bridge over the Crooked River.

Lake Billy Chinook is mostly fished for kokonee. We've caught brown trout and rainbow there, but mostly kokonee.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:16 PM

An internet friend of mine from ifish.net & oregonfishingforum.com posted this.....

Boat slip condo-B-10 fishing Warrenton - www.ifish.net

Thanks OregonWoodSmoke.... .....A man i talked to used to catch many crawdads there at LBC.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:48 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,299,955 times
Quote:
An internet friend of mine from ifish.net & oregonfishingforum.com posted this.....

Boat slip condo-B-10 fishing Warrenton - www.ifish.net

Thanks OregonWoodSmoke.... .....A man i talked to used to catch many crawdads there at LBC.
That website wouldn't let me view the photos. I found this site, with the photos. Very nice for the price.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwoody View Post
That website wouldn't let me view the photos. I found this site, with the photos. Very nice for the price.
I'm sorry. I wasn't aware they wouldn't let folks see it. I guess they want you to be a member.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:08 AM

1,620 posts, read 2,299,955 times
Quote:
I'm sorry. I wasn't aware they wouldn't let folks see it. I guess they want you to be a member.

I am or was a member just don't know my password. I can search it in my files but I thought since there was an alternative I'd post it.

Old 11-04-2015, 07:24 AM

32,638 posts, read 48,015,234 times
Quote:
If it is on ifish, I think that everyone can view, but their mobile device version really sucks. I use the forum from my computer but don't bother to even try from my tablet.

I took a look. It is gorgeous and a good bargain. However, 10 miles from the bar of the Columbia is going to be a rough place to canoe. The fishing will be wonderful, but a canoe left at the boat dock is very likely to be sunk by a sea lion who decides to hop off the dock and onto the canoe. There are thousands of the sea lions in that area.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:33 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,645,239 times
What about Loon Lake? It's nestled in the coast range about 15 miles inland from Reedsport. Beautiful lake with houses right on the water and as an upside, there is fantastic smallmouth bass fishing in the Umpqua River as well...just a few minutes drive from the lake.
I moved to Arizona a few years ago and the only thing i truly miss is fishing for Smallmouth on the Umpqua. That is a special fishery.
Another lake I loved was Ten Mile. Great bass fishing and some beautiful homes on the water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon