Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 10:05 AM

121 posts, read 106,761 times

Advertisements

Well, I hope this will be a once in a lifetime thingy. Would be a shame if they start picking apart the National Forests-

https://realestatesales.gov/gsaaucti...ZEATL917810001
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 10:37 AM

30 posts, read 24,221 times
If you click on item location, you can see this building is not on Natl. Forest land. It is just a building they don't need.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:29 AM

121 posts, read 106,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currygirl View Post
If you click on item location, you can see this building is not on Natl. Forest land. It is just a building they don't need.
It's over 38 acres.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/project/?project=38416

Last edited by 5gables; 05-30-2017 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: Added Forest Service website page.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:41 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5gables View Post
Well, I hope this will be a once in a lifetime thingy. Would be a shame if they start picking apart the National Forests-

https://realestatesales.gov/gsaaucti...ZEATL917810001
This explains this type of sale (it's not a new thing, btw). Not really anything to worry about imo.

https://www.fs.fed.us/land/staff/disposal.shtml

Old 05-30-2017, 04:00 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,088,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
This explains this type of sale (it's not a new thing, btw). Not really anything to worry about imo.

https://www.fs.fed.us/land/staff/disposal.shtml
That article is not reassuring. We are selling it off very slowly, so won't even notice. But your grandchildren will, when they realize they don't have any public lands left.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:56 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,003,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
That article is not reassuring. We are selling it off very slowly, so won't even notice. But your grandchildren will, when they realize they don't have any public lands left.
I don't think you need to worry about the selling off of public lands, if anything, you'll have to worry about the acquisition of public lands under the auspices of the Wildlands Project.

This is a link to the proposed mapping for the Wildlands Project. All areas marked in "red" are labeled "no human use" areas marked in "Yellow" highly regulated use. As you can see by the map almost all of Oregon will be "no human use to highly regulated use". If you live in any of the red areas, you'll have to move, if you live in any of the yellow areas, you will be restricted as to where you can live and where you can go.

"Wildlands Project" Maps

Old 05-31-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I don't think you need to worry about the selling off of public lands, if anything, you'll have to worry about the acquisition of public lands under the auspices of the Wildlands Project.

This is a link to the proposed mapping for the Wildlands Project. All areas marked in "red" are labeled "no human use" areas marked in "Yellow" highly regulated use. As you can see by the map almost all of Oregon will be "no human use to highly regulated use". If you live in any of the red areas, you'll have to move, if you live in any of the yellow areas, you will be restricted as to where you can live and where you can go.

"Wildlands Project" Maps
Why would I worry about that? It sounds great.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:43 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,691,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Why would I worry about that? It sounds great.
Glad to hear you are happy about moving to Portland. All we need to do is get you environment destroyers off of the Oregon Coast. As soon as there are no people there, things will return to normal.

Old 05-31-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Glad to hear you are happy about moving to Portland. All we need to do is get you environment destroyers off of the Oregon Coast. As soon as there are no people there, things will return to normal.
I live in the buffer zone. So I would stay right where I am. I vote: YES.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:04 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,833,337 times
Quote:

"Wildlands Project" Maps
Googling this for info, the only websites I can find are fringe sites also big on pushing "Agenda 21" nonsense. Do you have an actual, factual link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
View detailed profiles of: