Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 01:14 PM

17,645 posts, read 22,685,981 times

Advertisements

Glendale has a friendly, pretty nice size Dollar General now. They have FedEx pickup/drop off which helped me out.

https://www.google.com/search?source...4dUDCAc&uact=5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2020, 12:44 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,722,597 times
What is this "shopping" thing of which you write? Just about every small town in Southern Oregon has a grocery store. Most have a Bi-Mart.

I'm about 15 miles outside Roseburg. Here is a list of my "shopping" destinations:

Sherm's Thunderbird. Think a store the size of Fred Meyer but all groceries, with prices that often beat Costco. A couple weeks ago I bought NY steaks for $1.97/lb. If you watch specials and have a freezer you can really eat cheap. Frozen vegetables were 87 cents a pound not long ago. They stock a lot of local produce in the summer.

Nickabob's Meats. It's a specialty meat shop/butcher and expensive, but Tuesdays and Fridays they get fresh seafood from the coast that is only a few hours out of the ocean. If you are looking for halibut, cod, crab, ling, clams, snapper, etc. it's the place to go.

A farmer's market in the summer, plus a couple big farm stands just outside of town.

Fred Meyer, Bi-Mart, Costco. You know these if you live in the PNW.

Douglas County Farmers Co-Op. Coastal Farm. Feed, seed, work clothes, big hardware like mowers and tillers.

Oregon Tool. The biggest tool store in Oregon.

Sherwin Williams, Color Craft. If you need paint.

Lowes and Home Depot.

Budget Lumber.

Several plant and tree nurseries.

Harbor Freight. Big Lots. Dollar store. Half a dozen pot dispensaries. Two liquor stores. McMenamins and local craft brew taverns. Greek, Italian, Mongolian, Thai, Chinese restaurants. Wine tasting and excellent wineries just outside of town.

I don't know of any fashion shops. If you want a slinky cocktail dress, you may have to go to Eugene. Local styles tend more toward blue jeans and sweatshirts in the winter, shorts in the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon