Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 07:24 PM

73 posts, read 319,024 times

Advertisements

In my meandering (which I outlined more thoroughly in another thread, "Bouncing around the Willamette Valley") I managed to take some pictures (when I wasn't drooling over how pristine this part of the country is, and how well-defined the border is between city/residential and farmland). Here they are, in case you're curious as to what these rural towns look like...

(Disclaimer: I am NOT a good photographer. You'll see the reflection of my map in the glass. Take these pictures for what they're worth.)

Let's begin with Scio.

More pictures to come later, when I find the time to post them. Please feel free to post yours as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 08:23 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,047,674 times
thanks for posting the pictures! Its always fun to see pictures of Oregon. And someone may find them very helpful! Nice to see some nicer weather in em too....another disclaimer from it always dark and gloomy and raining. Are some of those houses some you are concidering? Theres some awfully cute ones! Especially the 2nd and the 4th. I love the porch on the first, and thats just a lovely yard on the 4th!
Thanks again for posting these!
Tiffany

Old 06-10-2008, 08:27 PM

Yep, Sunday was a gorgeous day.

To answer your question, those weren't houses I'm considering because I'm not in a situation to buy one right now (although I wish I was! there are so many nice little houses for sale right now!). They were just snapshots as I was passing through.

Old 06-11-2008, 09:28 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,807,429 times
Thanks for the pictures. I've never been to Scio, but it looks like a nice little town. Please post more!

Old 06-11-2008, 02:58 PM

Alrighty, here's Sublimity...what seemed like a very "new" place.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:05 PM

Default Sherwood

Just one picture of Sherwood. The other one is of me eating a huge Clancy burger at the Clancy pub, but that one's staying in my personal album.

This is a picture of the city center. It was a charming little town, but so quiet. So quiet it was kind of creepy. All you community-loving Sherwood residents--where were you that day?

Old 06-12-2008, 08:18 AM

1,181 posts, read 3,807,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystle View Post
Alrighty, here's Sublimity...what seemed like a very "new" place.

LOL. I see they have the local True Value in Sublimity too. I forgot about those. It looks like a very nice town too.
I like the one of Sherwood. Can't wait to come see for myself. 3 more weeks. Whooo Hooooo.
Thanks for the pics.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:38 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,047,674 times
very nice pics again...you show the more "typical" sides. I like that.
Whats nice too,is seeing how clean the towns are!
I had to laugh, your comments about Sherwood made me think of "children of the corn'!! lol Everyone mustve been out and about at the parks/river/lakes/etc. eh?
Tiffany

Old 06-12-2008, 02:18 PM

And now...the final set of pictures in the Sunny Sunday series....Stayton!

Old 06-12-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
very nice pics again...you show the more "typical" sides. I like that.
Whats nice too,is seeing how clean the towns are!
I had to laugh, your comments about Sherwood made me think of "children of the corn'!! lol Everyone mustve been out and about at the parks/river/lakes/etc. eh?
Tiffany
I'm glad you like them! You're seeing the town just as I saw it. No special angles to make 'em look like they belong on a brochure.

And yes--what's amazing is that all these towns were so CLEAN. Even in the more urban areas (Hillsboro, Beaverton, Tigard) it was very clean, in comparison to what I've seen in NY and NM. Everything in Oregon that I've taken a look at so far seems very well kept, on the whole, in comparison to other parts of the country (where the super rich areas are clean and the poorer areas are a mess). The most poorly kept area I saw was a residential one in W. Salem which is supposed to be the nicer part of the city.

And Sherwood--but you'd think *some* families would be in town--the town seems like it's entirely surrounded by parks. I looked, couldn't see them. But I did see a few more families as we drove away from the town and passed by the schools, so no children of the corn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon