Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 08:34 AM

2,091 posts, read 9,045,748 times

Advertisements

yup, its yet another beautiful day here along the Oregon Coast. COLD!!! Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!! I think its about 35degrees this morning! (725am) but its clear and crisp. Standing out at the busstop w/the kids this morning, we all were marveling at the pink/orange/purple in the sky as the sun is coming up. Then, watched as 2 deer wandered across the road, about 2 houses down from us. It has been cold here, but pretty clear. We had people from all over the state here last weekend, and on Saturday, they were all exclaiming over the wonderful weather. Then of course, it rained off and on Sunday. Its Thursday now, and it hasnt rained again yet. Doesnt look like it will today either (although, i could be wrong! Im not a weatherman! ) All this terrific weather, and I think of all those people who exaggerate and say it rains here constantly except for a week or so in the summer. Sheesh....
Anyhow, Im loving this weather. Cold enough for the good excuse to bust out those thick cable sweaters...to start the fire in the pellet stove....and to drink those hot yummy drinks! But not so cold that its miserable to take those walks after dinner. Ive been loving that! I just grab my jacket, and out I go. The air is so crisp and cold, but its not freezing outside. Not windy, not rainy. Anyone else here enjoying this weather?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 09:47 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,819,429 times
We've had a pretty amazing fall over here - one dusting of snow about a month ago, but clear and gorgeous the entire rest of the time. Cold at night (in the 20s or low 30s) but it warms to the 40s or 50s during the day, and because of the high altitude sun, it means you can sit on the deck in short sleeves and be perfectly warm. Fall hikes have been great!

Snow this weekend, for sure, and I'm looking forward to it!

Old 12-11-2008, 10:31 AM

3,296 posts, read 9,686,265 times
Yes, the weather has been absolutely beautiful here as well! Days have been pleasantly warm (high 50's), and nights crisp (low 20's), but the sun has been shining and keeping us happy! Of course, it doesn't really rain in Bend, so those complaints about rain don't apply here! They are calling for snow though in the Cascades (yes, finally), and some downright cold temps. coming our way (highs in the teens). I'm looking forward to winter arriving though. It's been a beautiful fall, but I'm ready for some snow!

Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 AM

17,634 posts, read 22,629,029 times
Howdy Folks.................

We live in the mountains not far from the Rogue River. Days have been sunny & warm lately. We don't ever get much wind. Sometimes we get some of the Chetco Effect. Sounds like thar mite be some snow this weekend though.........................

Have a Wonderful Day y'all.......................

Old 12-11-2008, 12:13 PM

according to the National Weather service..."Only 0.43 inches of rain have fallen" this month! wow! Not exactly drowning out here, are we?
Ya, I was reading that much of Oregon will be getting snow here this weekend and early next week. Im hoping that here along the coast, we'll see at least a few hours of snow. Last year, we got a few hours of it (thankfully on a weekend!!!) and the kids went crazy playing in it. Lasted long enough for them to get totally frozen, they came in, and it all melted off before they finished their hot coco! lol
I just went and fed our dogs, and its dry as a bone out there, but still COLD!!!
I love weather like this...it always makes everything feel so darn clean to me. PLus, its a great insentive to do my laundry...nothing like burying my face into a warm load right out of the dryer!! LOL

PS - Delta07, my folks just bought a log cabin there in the Bend area. They are looking very forward to a nice snowy Christmas this year! My mom keeps calling me and talking about how much they LOVE the weather there....dry and cold! They have a husky too, and I hear she is just loving life out there in the wintertime.
Hope others are loving life in Oregon too!!!!

Old 12-11-2008, 06:50 PM

378 posts, read 1,570,004 times
I LOVE it here on the Oregon coast!! It was beautiful today too. I took a walk with the dogs and just felt so blessed with the clean fresh air. I know it is changing tomorrow, as I have been listening to the weather reports saying wind and a cold front is coming through. I love the wild roaring storms, and I will be out there watching the ocean (but not from the beach). The only bad part for us is that we need to be back in the valley on Saturday night and we are not sure what to do. Every part of Oregon is wonderful. My BIL lives by the Rogue River. They get more snow and less rain. They love it there too.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:06 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,539,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffela74 View Post
yup, its yet another beautiful day here along the Oregon Coast. COLD!!! Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!! I think its about 35degrees this morning! (725am) but its clear and crisp. Standing out at the busstop w/the kids this morning, we all were marveling at the pink/orange/purple in the sky as the sun is coming up. Then, watched as 2 deer wandered across the road, about 2 houses down from us. It has been cold here, but pretty clear. We had people from all over the state here last weekend, and on Saturday, they were all exclaiming over the wonderful weather. Then of course, it rained off and on Sunday. Its Thursday now, and it hasnt rained again yet. Doesnt look like it will today either (although, i could be wrong! Im not a weatherman! ) All this terrific weather, and I think of all those people who exaggerate and say it rains here constantly except for a week or so in the summer. Sheesh....
Anyhow, Im loving this weather. Cold enough for the good excuse to bust out those thick cable sweaters...to start the fire in the pellet stove....and to drink those hot yummy drinks! But not so cold that its miserable to take those walks after dinner. Ive been loving that! I just grab my jacket, and out I go. The air is so crisp and cold, but its not freezing outside. Not windy, not rainy. Anyone else here enjoying this weather?

Oh sure, rub it in. For us displaced coastal dwellers (used to live in Taft) that makes me very homesick. Central Oregon coast winters are the best kept secret in all of Oregon. Until you made this thread, that is.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:48 PM

So....
I just looked outside...and guess what?
another day of bright blue skies and its dry as a bone.
@#&&%^!!! #$%#!!!! &&^$(#!!!!
I wanted SNOW!!!! Darn all these blue skies and dryness!!! DARN DARN DARN IT ALL!!!! GGrrrrr
Im totally contemplating a move back up north so I can get some snow/ice too. sheesh.
Wanna trade me for a bit Blazer Prophet?

Old 12-16-2008, 12:46 AM

5,457 posts, read 8,171,711 times
Default Another Beautiful Day......

........in Eastern Oregon:
Baker City Herald | Baker County Oregon's News Leader - Freeway crashes fill emergency room (http://www.bakercityherald.com/News/Local-News/Freeway-crashes-fill-emergency-roo - broken link)

Old 12-16-2008, 10:11 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,819,429 times
Wow, I have never seen the temps go below zero! It was 4 below this morning. Brrrr!

But the sun is out now, the snow is dazzling, the sky is gorgeous clear blue! We tried to build a snowman, but there is so little water in our snow (we have about 6") that it won't pack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon