Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 10:00 PM

927 posts, read 1,947,129 times

Advertisements

Is it pressure changes? WebMD has articles both attacking and defending the premise.
This may depend more on the individual suffering than the arthritis itself. Something that may tell you if sudden changes in barometric pressure affects yours is to take a drive somewhere that involves an elevation change of a minimum of a thousand feet over a period of less than a hour. If your joints complain then weather changes that involve sudden drops or rises in the barometer may be a factor.
If not, something else is likely to be the trigger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 10:55 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,330,650 times
It may be the change only affects Bursitis rather than arthritis according to some doctors. But arthritis suffers will tell you their body is like a barometer and changes up or down hurt.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:18 AM

65 posts, read 218,936 times
thank you so much for all the information. We are excited and really looking forward to the move.

Our Grandmother just passed away and she lived in Bandon it is a beautiful place.

My soul is at ease near the Ocean~ aches and pains are just part of my life. But they do not Rule my life ! Have a great Day everyone !

Old 04-24-2014, 11:25 AM

You are going to love Brookings as long as you are not expecting a job.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:49 AM

No job needed Steve. I have read that many times on here. I realize that many parts of the coast are like that. As well as many small towns elsewhere. Husband and I are retired in our 50s and moved here to NOrthern Ca. to be near husbands Sis and kids. We just feel like fish out of water here in Willits. Not our kind of place. The weather has been beautiful. The winters are so mild from what we have been in the last 15 years. But it gets damn HOT to us come july and we are even at elevation here but we are just not big heat lovers. Lived in the midwest where i grew up(southwest Missouri) dont want to live back there. So thinking Southern Oregon Coast just might fit us well enough to stay awhile. Its an adventure to us . Out living life while we still can

Old 04-24-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysheets View Post
No job needed Steve. I have read that many times on here. I realize that many parts of the coast are like that. As well as many small towns elsewhere. Husband and I are retired in our 50s and moved here to NOrthern Ca. to be near husbands Sis and kids. We just feel like fish out of water here in Willits. Not our kind of place. The weather has been beautiful. The winters are so mild from what we have been in the last 15 years. But it gets damn HOT to us come july and we are even at elevation here but we are just not big heat lovers. Lived in the midwest where i grew up(southwest Missouri) dont want to live back there. So thinking Southern Oregon Coast just might fit us well enough to stay awhile. Its an adventure to us . Out living life while we still can

You are going to be a great addition to the community. You will find many kindred souls in Brookings. Besides ...... if you don't like it you can always pack up and try somewhere else. My wife and I love the freedom of retirement.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:29 PM

Thanks so much Steve~Sounds like we are on the same page !

Old 04-24-2014, 03:18 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,630,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysheets View Post
im surprised more people didnt answer here. I am moving to the southern Oregon Coast and would love some feed back on this question. I lived in Alaska and the Cold there along with storms really made me hurt. Moved to Sunny Northern Ca. and it hasnt bothered me near as bad. Only problem is this is not where we want to be. we love the Pacific northwest and are planning to move to Brookings Oregon soon.
ladysheets, live in peace, harmony, tranqulity on the coast fer many happy lustrum......

Last edited by Hawk J; 04-24-2014 at 03:52 PM..

Old 04-24-2014, 03:36 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,451,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FVWinters View Post
Is it pressure changes? WebMD has articles both attacking and defending the premise.
This may depend more on the individual suffering than the arthritis itself. Something that may tell you if sudden changes in barometric pressure affects yours is to take a drive somewhere that involves an elevation change of a minimum of a thousand feet over a period of less than a hour. If your joints complain then weather changes that involve sudden drops or rises in the barometer may be a factor.
If not, something else is likely to be the trigger.

One could argue that taking the elevator from the bottom to top of the Empire State Building could create a pressure change that would prove that theory, but I don't believe that has ever happened.

People that truly suffer from arthritis will tell you something as simple as a fast moving weather front during a springtime storm can bring on some pretty healthy pain.

Over the years I have tried to correlate my pain with up swinging pressure, down springing pressure, temperature, combinations of temperature and pressure, ranges of pressure (and whether it's moving up or down in that range), humidity, etc, etc.

I can't seem to find particular combination of, or a single parameter that triggers my arthritic pain, but I can tell you it's weather related.

Yesterday and today have been absolute he-ll for me, but other people I know with arthritis seem to be doing OK.

Last edited by pdxMIKEpdx; 04-24-2014 at 03:48 PM..

Old 04-27-2014, 05:57 PM

Location: Medford, NYC, Milano, Paris, Portugal, LA, Santa Barbara, Almalfi coast
31 posts, read 60,750 times
Fast moving weather fronts do it for me,
bad arthritis, joint issues, knee replacements and it didn't make a difference where I lived and I have lived all over. In Medford now.

Missouri some of the worst weather and air / pollen on the planet. Grew up there in St Louis and hated it.
The Humidity in summers is stifling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon