Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 02:49 PM

12 posts, read 95,644 times

Advertisements

I just stumbled upon the forum here and thought it was right up my alley.

My name is Tony and I own the website, Romantic Oregon Coast Vacations. I'm a native Oregonian, love it beyond words, and have lived between Wilsonville and Beaverton for many years. Right now, I'm in Monroe, WA. Don't ask. It's a long, sad story. hehe. Nonetheless, I am working toward a permanant home at the Oregon Coast within the next few years.

Anyway, "hi!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2006, 03:56 PM

331 posts, read 1,851,111 times
Well, a big smile for you ! Native Oregonians do find their way home eventually. As soon as we can sell our Southern California home, we'll be on our way back to the land of the green. The Oregon coast is largely undiscovered. Personally, I have always liked small towns and intend to vacation on the coast. You have to like the beach, the ocean, and Saturday night bingo to live on the coast. I was just there two weeks ago and just loved it. During early morning rush hour I counted five cars on the road!!

Dan

Old 10-28-2006, 04:36 PM

1,845 posts, read 6,856,577 times
Hi Tony. I am living by the Oregon coast. It's been a wonderful sunny day here. I sure hope you can make your way back to Oregon. I know I would would miss Oregon if I had to live elsewhere. I enjoy the forests, water,and living in a safe area.

Old 10-28-2006, 05:31 PM

Thanks for the welcome, Dan and Waterlilly,

I'll definately be back within the next couple years and eventually want my own home on the coast. I've been infatuated with the Oregon Coast since I was a little tike, hence my website in my profile.

Glad to hear that the sun is out there. I'm hoping it will stay that way through November. I have vacation the second week and am going to be headed to Lincoln City, Depoe Bay and Newport. Sure hope it holds out.

Old 10-28-2006, 08:11 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,049,766 times
Hey Tony, Im here on the Southern Oregon Coast, have lived in Oregon most my life (ya, all but like the first 6months lol) and IMO, very few places on Earth rival parts of the Oregon Coast. I adore being able to drive for less than 5 minutes, to go buy me some live crab at 3.00lb, where they know me by name and throw in some extra. When its summer and the breeze off the ocean makes me think of my childhood, or when its winter and windy and you have the whole beach to yourself. Life is good here. I hope you make it back home soon!
Tiffany

Old 10-28-2006, 08:43 PM

tiffela74, you've made me extremely jealous. hehe. The week of vacation is going to be something that I can hold on to. I'm bringing my trusty Sony HandyCam! =]

No worries. It used to be hope that I would ever live there for good, but with the web site, it's an event just waiting to happen. Now I just need the patience!

Old 10-28-2006, 10:44 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,237,773 times
Hiya Tony! Nice to meet you. Yes, don't forget to bring your camera and bring along your kite. Looking forward to seeing your posts on this site.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:50 PM

Nice to meet you too, Seashelly. When I return, I'll give a full report of my exploits.

I'm mainly going to video tape a load of segments for the web site. I've bartered with a nice lady who is the Inn Keeper of a Lincoln City Bed & Breakfast. For a year of advertising on the site, she's giving me and my son (my videographer) a free two-night stay in a suite there. Should be fun. I'll be filming through the B&B for her to put with her ad. That way, my visitors can actually virtually walk through the rooms and the rest of the home to see what they can get there.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,887 times
Wow what a pretty place Monroe is.. I will have to visit someday.. I can feel a vacation comin on

Old 07-28-2007, 10:22 PM
PNW

16 posts, read 79,867 times
Hi Tony,
Since I too am an Oregonian who finds herself in Washington (not too far from Monroe) I was drawn to your website--very impressive.

But I am confused why The Goldmoor Inn is listed as an Oregon Coast Bed and Breakfast but gives directions and a map of Illinois!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon