Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2010, 07:10 PM

398 posts, read 729,893 times

Advertisements

Within the last 48 hrs, two women have been attacked. One of them has been attacking for the last 4 years.....where are our authorities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 05:53 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,543,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABMER View Post
Within the last 48 hrs, two women have been attacked. One of them has been attacking for the last 4 years.....where are our authorities?

While I understand your frustration and am in no way minimizing what those poor women went thru I have to ask.....how do the authorities know when and where the attacker(s) are going to strike?

Maybe the apartment complexes need to hire security guards.

It's good that you've brought this warning to the East side residents tho to be extra vigilant.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:37 AM

398 posts, read 729,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
While I understand your frustration and am in no way minimizing what those poor women went thru I have to ask.....how do the authorities know when and where the attacker(s) are going to strike?

Maybe the apartment complexes need to hire security guards.

It's good that you've brought this warning to the East side residents tho to be extra vigilant.
Granny,
I understand your point and there is no way anybody can predict anything but one of them has been attacking for 4 years. And I dont think its the apartments responsibility. Its the authorities.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:15 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Unfortunately police can't be assigned one per each resident of an area. Some rapes are never solved. If the DNA isn't in the system or the rapist leaves none, it can be very difficult to find a rapist who is very cunning in their methods.

The best thing that a woman can do is to take steps to protect herself. Don't leave windows and doors unlocked, even during the day. Use the alarm, get a dog, get a tazer, be aware of your surroundings, the list goes on. Have someone walk you home, if you drive home after dark buddy up with a neighbor who you can call from your phone to watch you get safely into your home from their window.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:48 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,699,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABMER View Post
Granny,
I understand your point and there is no way anybody can predict anything but one of them has been attacking for 4 years. And I dont think its the apartments responsibility. Its the authorities.
They don't know for sure if it has been the same guy. They said its possible there could be a connection because in the past few years there have been 4 rapes all in the UCF area. If they knew it has been the same guy all 4 times then they would most likely have his idenity and be looking for a specific person. They have no idea who commited these besides a few composite sketches. They think they might have a connection because all of the cases so far have involved a single woman in an apartment complex around the UCF area.

The media shouldn't just say east orange county because the UCF area goes into seminole county too. Two of the four rapes happened right next to the seminole county/Oviedo line. Like the one in Pegasus Landing which is on the corner of Alafaya and McCulluch (McCulluch is the seminole county line) and the other which happened on 426 right by the Seminole county line.. I guess the moral of the story is people (especially women who live in apartment complexes) everywhere need to take the extra steps to be safe. Unfortunately we are living in a time where things like this can happen.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:12 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Unfortunately we are living in a time where things like this can happen.
I think things like this have always happened, but back in the day, polite society never mentioned such things, and the way we get our news now is obviously much different as well.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:22 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,699,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I think things like this have always happened, but back in the day, polite society never mentioned such things, and the way we get our news now is obviously much different as well.
True
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando