Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,644 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am just wondering besides near the UCF where does the majority of young professionals (recent college grads) usually gather at?

I recently graduated college from Indiana University - Bloomington, and been in Orlando for some months. I been having some problems meeting people of my age range (I'm 23); Every Friday, sometimes Tuesday, I gather with a buddy of mine for Happy Hour at Ale House in Lake Buena Vista, but the crowd age group is towards the much later side.

I live in the Dr. Phillips area, about 5 minutes away from Dr. Phillips and Sand Lake intersection.

Thanks!
HC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 01:51 PM

640 posts, read 3,074,757 times
My 23 year old daughter and her friends go to Cricketers, right down near where you live.

Cricketers Arms Pub, Orlando, Florida Authentic English Pub

Old 08-23-2007, 02:37 PM

33 posts, read 93,112 times
Downtown you'll find a lot of young professionals for Happy Hours-- especially on Wall Street. Wall Street Plaza - Downtown Orlando, Florida

Old 08-23-2007, 03:14 PM

239 posts, read 799,185 times
Park Ave in Winter Park, and the historic district of Thornton Park is good for the 25 to 35 year old crowd. That's where we head on the weekends, and it's pretty nice.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:15 PM

I dont know many 25 year olds that can afford much on Park Ave I work right off of it.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:32 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,212,396 times
"I am just wondering besides near the UCF where does the majority of young professionals (recent college grads) usually gather at?"

they gather at bars and clubs in charlotte, raleigh, or in atlanta mostly. or that's where many grads have moved to. i wouldnt consider orlando as a young professional's town. just my opinion.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:01 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,188,973 times
Quote:
i wouldnt consider orlando as a young professional's town.
WHAT???

This place is Yuppieville! 5:00 Downtown Orlando, most any pub or bar down there is filled with young professionals. Winter Park, Park Avenue, Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night - same thing. Altamonte is full of young professionals. The Disney area and I-drive is full of young professionals. But, really, who the heck do you think is squatting every day in those buildings just east of I-4?

There are more clubs, groups, networking organizations, social clubs, etc. geared to young professionals than just about anywhere else I know. I've heard pleanty of people say about Atlanta that they can't find any young professionals to hang out with - which of course is not true either. If you can't connect with other young professionals in Orlando then you ain't in Orlando.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:50 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,212,396 times
i just never really considered orlando as a place for young professionals. i consider more geared towards retirees and tourists. i mean orlando doesnt really have a large amount of jobs like other cities do such as inv bankers, traders, you know, jobs like that. but sure there are lawyers, teachers, IT ppl, loan officers at banks and such. i guess the jobs i'm thinking of are white collar, high earning jobs, and i dont think orlando has much to offer as for as those types

Old 08-24-2007, 07:51 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,188,973 times
You need to get out more, backtofla. We have more investment bankers than you can shake a stick at. Orlando must be king of the start-up community banks!!! Land of banking mergers and acquisitions. It's fun just to try to keep up with my friends who are in banking - every week it seems that they switched jobs to work for one of their competitor banks, join a group to start a new bank, etc.

Stock brokers, financial planners, retirement planners, program traders, anylists, economists etc. are a dime a dozen here.

We have two lawschools, and many lawfirms that have over 100 junior lawyers running around.

Don't even get me started on Real Estate Brokers (yes, some Brokers I would definitely consider a professional), Business Brokers, Appraisers, the Insurance Industry, Hotel industry professionals, professors, etc.

.....Oh, ya, and the gazillions of doctors we have here.

In fact, other than Miami-Ft. Lauderdale, I'd say that Orlando has by far more professionals in it than any of the other cities in Florida.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:53 AM

I'd have to agree with Prichard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando