Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 02:08 PM

570 posts, read 1,154,808 times

Advertisements

As far as security and privacy (quietness) goes, which condo is the best in the area?

Also, what are the traps to look for in short sales condo units? I'm assuming adding on delinquent condo fees and taxes, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 12:59 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,148,957 times
You've got the two best high rises in Downtown. The Vue has better views as the name suggests but the Sanctuary is top notch in quality and finish, and offers larger floorplans. You have a bit more choice of unit's available and lower prices at the Vue right now.

Star Tower is very quiet as well , but mostly because only half the building is occupied.

As far what to look out for in short sales, actually you don't have to worry about paying delinquent dues or taxes, all liens and encumberances should be taken care of by the seller (the sellers lender really) at closing, just be sure to check the title insurance and ask to see the estoppel from the HOA to ensure they have paid back dues at closing...and if somehow it still slips through the cracks, you get a warranty deed and title insurance at closing that would take care of any issues.

When dealing with short sales it's more figuring out which units have the best chance of going through to closing. Who the list agent is, how cooperative the seller is, how many liens are on the property, and how long it's been on the market are all indicators.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:00 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,059,083 times
If I could pick any condo tower to live it would be the Sanctuary. We checked out the Vue recently and it is truly an awesome building, but I just love being able to easily walk to Publix and have the pretty, quiet streets of Thornton Park behind us to walk the dog.

Hey Greg, do you know if Sanctuary or 101 Eola have solid concrete between each unit side to side? One of my only complaints about living at the Paramount is that the walls are too thin for a condo constructed building. I can't hear my upstairs neighbors, but I can hear one of the ones next to me if my place is quiet.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:32 PM

570 posts, read 1,154,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTraub View Post
You've got the two best high rises in Downtown. The Vue has better views as the name suggests but the Sanctuary is top notch in quality and finish, and offers larger floorplans. You have a bit more choice of unit's available and lower prices at the Vue right now.

Star Tower is very quiet as well , but mostly because only half the building is occupied.

As far what to look out for in short sales, actually you don't have to worry about paying delinquent dues or taxes, all liens and encumberances should be taken care of by the seller (the sellers lender really) at closing, just be sure to check the title insurance and ask to see the estoppel from the HOA to ensure they have paid back dues at closing...and if somehow it still slips through the cracks, you get a warranty deed and title insurance at closing that would take care of any issues.

When dealing with short sales it's more figuring out which units have the best chance of going through to closing. Who the list agent is, how cooperative the seller is, how many liens are on the property, and how long it's been on the market are all indicators.
Great info. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
If I could pick any condo tower to live it would be the Sanctuary. We checked out the Vue recently and it is truly an awesome building, but I just love being able to easily walk to Publix and have the pretty, quiet streets of Thornton Park behind us to walk the dog.

Hey Greg, do you know if Sanctuary or 101 Eola have solid concrete between each unit side to side? One of my only complaints about living at the Paramount is that the walls are too thin for a condo constructed building. I can't hear my upstairs neighbors, but I can hear one of the ones next to me if my place is quiet.
Same question here about the thickness of the walls. Also, does sanctuary have strict floor soundproofing requirements? High end condos usually have strict EFC requirements for flooring, that's the diff between hearing somebody walking around or not.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:04 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,059,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
Great info. Thanks.

Same question here about the thickness of the walls. Also, does sanctuary have strict floor soundproofing requirements? High end condos usually have strict EFC requirements for flooring, that's the diff between hearing somebody walking around or not.
I really doubt in that place you will hear people above you. That is the most expensive building downtown where Hedo Turkoglu lived (might be back there now), and many other high-roller types. The same could be said for the Vue. Not sure about their requirements. I never hear anyone above me...no running sounds or anything like that.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:06 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,148,957 times
I don't know for sure the construction of 101 eola and sanctuary, but I'm almost positive sanctuary would have great sound abatement between adjacent units, I can find out about 101 easily enough if it's in the running.

I know Vue has poured contrete encasing all unit's, walls ceilings and floors.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:42 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,940,702 times
I would hope they have poured walls in between the units... being that I was in RE Devt in Orlando, I'd guess they are, but definitely check it out and dont take my word for it lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: