Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 11:51 AM

23 posts, read 40,811 times

Advertisements

We are looking to buy and would like input about the the following neighborhoods:

Azalea Lane - Winter Park
Harper's Place - Winter Park
CrownTree Lakes - Orlando
Villas of Park Lake Condo - Orlando
Villagewalk at Lake Nona - Orlando
Summitt at Mount Vernon Condo - Orlando
Lake Pineloch Village - Orlando
Mt Vernon Villas Condo - Orlando
Heather Hills - Orlando
Edgewater Heights - Orlando
College Park County Club - Orlando
Seville Park - Orlando

We are a late 40's married couple, entrepreneurial creative types, no kids, 2 dogs. We are looking for an middle to upscale community which offers a mix of people.

Thank you for your help and feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 06:25 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times
Winter Park and College Park pretty much fulfill your profile/requirements and would be most recommended in my opinion....bearing in mind Orlando's middle to upscale communities are rarely "diverse".

Old 05-19-2011, 07:52 AM

793 posts, read 2,525,692 times
Winter Park - upper to middle scale, great area with local shopping and a downtown area with small boutiques, large chain shopping and good mix of restaurants

Baldwin Park - upper with a heavier middle - a younger crowd than Winter Park - smaller downtown area with again restaurants and shopping - close to Colonial Town restaurants and Fashion Square Mall (limited shopping but wife goes for Express as we live in Wekiva Springs) - great walking / biking around Lake Baldwin

Lake Nona - upper and middle - soon to be a great mix due to medical jobs on the way - designed to get people out of their homes with parks, walking & biking - with the medical jobs from doc's to nurse's and all in between retail and shopping will be diverse - Laureate Park (community based on Lake Nona concept) has infrastructure going in - Villagewalk is a Nona community - check out Eagle Creek also

Other communities I can comment on just need to run, appointment.

Hope this brief helps,

Old 05-19-2011, 07:44 PM

23 posts, read 40,811 times
kyle19125, Broker Dave and those who sent a PM - thank you so much for the feedback. This helps me a lot in terms of getting a better feel for the area.

A fabulous weekend to all.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:35 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,345,057 times
If you're looking for a more eclectic mix of people you should also look into the Coloniatltowne and Audubon Park areas.

Colonialtown Neighborhood Association - Orlando, FL
Audubon Park Garden District | A Unique and Funky Neighborhood in Downtown Orlando

Old 05-20-2011, 09:31 AM

368 posts, read 929,326 times
My brother is considering moving to the area. I had recommended Winter Park to him but given the poster's comment on it not being that diverse... is it purely just demographics or is it not progressive (meaning he'll be looked at as if he's from outer space)? My brother is disabled and has an interracial family. He lives in CT now and has had his share of people staring at him and his family, much to our chagrin and disappointment so he's considering moving down here to Florida to either Tampa or Orlando area...

Old 05-20-2011, 09:57 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,345,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz2525 View Post
My brother is considering moving to the area. I had recommended Winter Park to him but given the poster's comment on it not being that diverse... is it purely just demographics or is it not progressive (meaning he'll be looked at as if he's from outer space)? My brother is disabled and has an interracial family. He lives in CT now and has had his share of people staring at him and his family, much to our chagrin and disappointment so he's considering moving down here to Florida to either Tampa or Orlando area...
I don't think anyone in Winter Park is going to stare at your brother or his family. The point most posters are trying to make is that WP has some very affluent areas, meaning it's full of old money, upper middle class with not much diversity. And honestly, unless you can afford to live in the exclusives areas of WP it will not be an issue anyways because the rest of WP looks just like the rest of the area, primarily middle class families. Central Florida in general is diverse and moderate to progressive thinking (Orange County in particular is not very conservative). Interracial families here usually don't get a second glance or even noticed for the most part.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:48 PM

368 posts, read 929,326 times
Thanks, that's reassuring to hear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando