Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2011, 11:01 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,879,231 times

Advertisements

If you like Avant-garde theater then you must come to the Fringe. It started Thursday and runs until Monday 8 days out.

There is something for everyone, it can be funny, offensive and all between.

they have kids fringe, they have food, drinks and a lot of fun.

Here is how it works... you buy a button for $8 then you buy tickets for any of the plays you want to see. they have a dozen different venues at Lockhaven Park - between the museum and the planetarium... and each venue has a dozen plays that run during the eve on week days and all day on weekends.

I saw 3 tonight and plan on a full schedule tomorrow..
1 Beotches of the Kingdom - a musical about the not so sweet side of the Disney princesses... it was awesome
2. Squatters - about a sitcom ... not my fav
3. You can't make fun of Jesus - which was hysterical...

So many more to see.

Come and then tell others in here what you saw and if you liked it.

The last day is Patrons pick - the most popular play in each venue... the best of Fringe as it were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 10:19 PM

I saw " I Love you Because" - a nice feel good musical...

Anne frank Superstar - great songs and talent but extremely emotional

not a real fan or Preacherman

The Beotches of the Kingdom were very good - they have been selling out every show thats 320 seats

Beer the musical was also good

Seeing Winifred and Heaven can wait on Friday... both are getting great reviews...

There is so much talent it is such a good time... really i don't work for them but i do i enjoy it every year. Last year they sold 20,000 tickets so others enjoy it too....

Old 05-24-2011, 05:39 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,131,204 times
I'm going to Heaven Help Us later this week.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:58 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,961,133 times
Superman Drinks was awesome as well.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:29 PM

2,130 posts, read 4,522,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I saw " I Love you Because" - a nice feel good musical...

Anne frank Superstar - great songs and talent but extremely emotional

not a real fan or Preacherman

The Beotches of the Kingdom were very good - they have been selling out every show thats 320 seats

Beer the musical was also good

Seeing Winifred and Heaven can wait on Friday... both are getting great reviews...

There is so much talent it is such a good time... really i don't work for them but i do i enjoy it every year. Last year they sold 20,000 tickets so others enjoy it too....
Good to hear that Beer: The Musical was good! I know the guy (who's only 19) who co-wrote the music. I should probably get over there and see it myself

Old 05-27-2011, 12:01 AM

Saw {Title of Show} tonight it was a riot. totally unusual ...perfect for Fringe.

I've heard Onomatopea is really good and Booyah hoping to catch them in the gaps between my other 2 shows...

This year has some really good shows. The year is better than last year and that was good.

Dog Powered Robot is getting raves

Dying Hard is apparently a stunning performance

Im hearing good things about Radio Star

It is a great time, come see and experience the Fringe, meet some great people, fantastic singers, and generally gifted folks.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
I'm going to Heaven Help Us later this week.
Ill be there Friday... maybe we will cross paths. say hi if you find me

Old 05-28-2011, 07:12 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,131,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Ill be there Friday... maybe we will cross paths. say hi if you find me
They were really funny last night. I had sore ribs from laughing. I ran into Jeff after the show, he's glad it's over but says he's going to take a year off and then he'll be back with something new for us.

Where were you in the theater? I was third row center-ish.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:20 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,961,133 times
******* of the Kingdom stole the show in my opinion. If you missed it, they've been extended for 2 more nights this weekend at the Parliament House Footlight Theater.

Old 05-30-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
******* of the Kingdom stole the show in my opinion. If you missed it, they've been extended for 2 more nights this weekend at the Parliament House Footlight Theater.

I agree ... it is well worth the venture to the P house to see this one. The women did a great job. They sold out every show, 320 seats per. and had 2 extra shows... they totally rocked!

there were so many great shows this year. I had a blast. now I have to wait a year for it to come back :-(

I was in Heaven can wait a few rows behind you , I think it was about the 5'th. Doug kept losing his microphone, even that was funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando