Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 04:08 PM

266 posts, read 1,162,193 times

Advertisements

Was traveling east on CurryFord, turned left (yes, on a green light) to the entrance of 417 (N). I have the right of way. But NOOOO....some idiot driving west on CurryFord decides to head N on 417....she has a big triangular red sign that reads "YIELD." I think she thought it meant "put the peddle on the floor and try to run over anyone coming in the other direction." Or else she couldn't read english! (sorry, that wasn't nice...)

I'm usually a nice guy, but this idiot really pissed me off! No, she wasn't on a cell phone, just looking straight ahead - and almost hit me! Sometimes I wish I could tie old tires around my truck and play bumper cars! (Where's that emoticon for "fuming?")
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2007, 01:24 AM

88 posts, read 846,957 times
Default Highway code?

Missed point error I think? I've only driven a few times in Florida although I'm moving there early next month and I was surprised to see that using indicators isn't mandatory when changing lanes.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:15 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,274,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebee1957 View Post
Missed point error I think? I've only driven a few times in Florida although I'm moving there early next month and I was surprised to see that using indicators isn't mandatory when changing lanes.

ive seen people get pulled over for not using it.....it was called an improper lane change but its rare to see someone get stopped for it here

Old 08-31-2007, 03:17 AM

Question Hmmmm....

So, is signalling mandatory or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
ive seen people get pulled over for not using it.....it was called an improper lane change but its rare to see someone get stopped for it here

Old 08-31-2007, 08:21 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,215,703 times
i think so. but it doesnt matter it seems. i see more ppl not use their turn signals than actually do us 'em. i've seen cars run red lights before, in front of a cop, and the cop didn't issue a ticket.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:30 AM

Default To be legal or to not be legal?

I'll keep using them. No change from the normal standard in Spain then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
i think so. but it doesnt matter it seems. i see more ppl not use their turn signals than actually do us 'em. i've seen cars run red lights before, in front of a cop, and the cop didn't issue a ticket.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:31 PM

3 posts, read 10,010 times
Wow.. Thank you for sharing that. I am LMAO.. literally.. Im thinkin If I was in that traffic jam I would cheer you on!!!.. Thank Godness his little thug ass wasnt armed., but I can see the look on his face of do or die..lol.. Thanks again.. Im lookin forward to it...lol.. BTW all you needed was Michael Buffer and you could of broadcast it on HBO..lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
I love living here and know about the crime issues which are there but you dont feel in danger unless you are on foot in some places when it comes to crime...as for driving and road rage......i can honestly say i havent been to a worse place for road rage and rude drivers .......ive lived and driven in San Fransisco area, Nashville TN, Atlanta GA, Lousville KY, Texas, and all over Florida.......

The amount of traffic in Orlando isnt the worst but the way people drive here is the worst compared to any of those other places ive been........ive never seen as many fights or shouting matches and ive seen people pull out a gun a couple times and they just kept battling the other person and following them..........the police don't give a crap out here either....if you think they care about somone that just did a hit-n-run then you are mistaken.......i deliver pizza down in the tourist area and i lived up in Altamonte and Deltona for a while and go to downtown alot and it is terrible all over.....people are just inconsiderate in the whole area.......

yesterday i was driving to go eat at Bubba Gumps at Citywalk and there was 2 lanes and the traffic was flowing at about 40mph - 45 mph ....and there was a Sherrif about 2 or 3 car lengths ahead in the right lane....i was in the left lane behind 3 other cars ..well there was a Greyhound bus pulling out ahead of us into the median.....well he was tring to make it all the way over into my lane before the first car in the front could get there....well he did a hollywood stop in the median and cut out in front of the first guy in our lane which had to slam his brakes to avoid hitting him......and guess what?.......the frikin fat pig police officer was 2 cars behind all this and had to brake too but just let the bus continue driving recklessly.....less then a quarter mile ahead i noticed 2 cops siting in the median ....i guess they were there just playing checkers or something because they were close enough to see what happened and didnt do anything either....the guy that got cut off by the bus was honking at the bus but the cops are "too busy" writing speeding tickets for going 2 miles over the limit i guess......

well i have actually thrown a baseball bat out the window at some dudes car on my way to Clermont while on the turnpike and ive gotten out a couple times and been in 2 fights from inncedents....

the first was with some thug wanna be white boy with his gold teeth and big rims.....he kept tailgating me and traffic was cut down to one lane near Lake Mary on I-4 one day because of a wreck and this guy was tailgating me the whole frikin way and the cars in front of me werent really moving to fast either....it was stop and go.....well he would tailgate then when we stopped he pulled his car on the median and up near my back driver side door....so i got pissed cuz traffic wasnt going anywhere in front of us but this guy was blaming me for not tailgating the guy in front of me.....i was only a car length and a half behind the guy in front of me when we were moving....i wasnt trying to be rude and we werent getting anywhere anyways.....well the little thug got out of his car after about a mile of this and started walking up to my car starring me down in my rearview.....so as soon as i noticed this i was already so pissed from him being inconsiderate wanting me to ride the guys azz in front of me so i just got out because he aint gonna shoot me or threaten me without a fight.....when i got out i was alot taller than him and he kinda slowed up his walking pace then we got into it shouting at each other and he tryed to swing at me but i ended up hitting him in the face and then we got to wrestling and i noticed that someone came over and was trying to break us up so the traffic started moving again and the thug boy kept threatening me as he sped of around my passenger side onto the area where you can pull off on the side and he took that down to the exit ahead of us ...

just to give you an idea of what things are like......its every man for themself on these roads....no one is going to protect you from a hit n run artist or someone who decides to pull a gun or anything else that might threaten your life here.....im not even exadurating things.......i could write a novel on all the accidents ive seen in intersections from red light runners and all the hit n runs ive seen and been a part of....and all the times ive seen 2 cars driving wrecklessly trying to prove something to the other car

Old 09-07-2007, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchula View Post
Wow.. Thank you for sharing that. I am LMAO.. literally.. Im thinkin If I was in that traffic jam I would cheer you on!!!.. Thank Godness his little thug ass wasnt armed., but I can see the look on his face of do or die..lol.. Thanks again.. Im lookin forward to it...lol.. BTW all you needed was Michael Buffer and you could of broadcast it on HBO..lol.

Thanks.....I think that was the madest ive ever gotten in traffic.......i am usually a hard person to get mad. At least people can find some amusment to the story know that it is over and done ....this was about 4-5 years ago

Old 09-07-2007, 09:09 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,215,703 times
"I think that was the madest ive ever gotten in traffic"

dude, i get mad driving in orlando everyday. i can literally drive 7 miles from the store back to my house, and someone has ran a red light, cut in front of me, i witnessed ppl throwing trash right out the window w/o a care in the world...

Old 09-08-2007, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
"I think that was the madest ive ever gotten in traffic"

dude, i get mad driving in orlando everyday. i can literally drive 7 miles from the store back to my house, and someone has ran a red light, cut in front of me, i witnessed ppl throwing trash right out the window w/o a care in the world...

I feel you...me too.....delivering pizzas is frustrating in the tourist area and driving around the local areas out of my work sucks too........Where are you from man? I think ive read that you were living in East Orlando.....do you live close to Semoran?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando