Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 08:20 PM

170 posts, read 753,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots32837 View Post
You were clearly the aggressive driver here. If you know you are going to make a right turn soon after your U turn, why didn't you wait til both lanes were clear? I'm guessing impatience or you didn't have your route planned properly. After you made this aggressive mistake, you want to make the driver in the right lane yield to you, even though they have the right of way. Why not get in behind them? Then you make another aggressive move by flooring it to get in front of the car with the right of way. Then you are surprised that they become aggressive. It's like wiping BEFORE you go #2. It makes no sense.
thats the impression i got from his story too. though to be honest sometimes i cut people off when they try to get in front of me, but only if i saw them in my mirrors weaving in and out dangerously of traffic, makes me feel like i just want to slow him down for risking everyones lives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 01:41 AM

61 posts, read 263,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders View Post
I don't live in fear that I'll be a victim, but as sure as there's a God in heaven, I know I'll witness road rage at least once per week. It's not like bullets are flying by your head every time you get on I-4, it's just that it is out of control, totally unexplainable, and worse than any other place I've ever been in the U.S.
So the problem is mainly I4?

Old 10-14-2007, 02:23 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,273,979 times
Please ...... how can people honestly think that driving in Orlando isnt terrible with people's selfish traffic attitudes......go to any busy 4 way stop a couple times in a week and watch how many people that dont come to a complete stop ....or actually blow through the stop.....i go through a 4-way stop here everyday on my way to work and very rarely do people have patience when i get to those stops.......
Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by Keeper; 10-14-2007 at 07:27 AM.. Reason: don't call people liars if they disagree

Old 10-15-2007, 06:44 AM

239 posts, read 799,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oresident View Post
So the problem is mainly I4?

No, the problem is anywhere you interact with any of Orlando's residents. The heavy traffic, heat, one-way streets, divided highways and lack of social grace combine to make the perfect storm of road rage here.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:09 PM

28 posts, read 196,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stugots32837 View Post
You were clearly the aggressive driver here. If you know you are going to make a right turn soon after your U turn, why didn't you wait til both lanes were clear? I'm guessing impatience or you didn't have your route planned properly. After you made this aggressive mistake, you want to make the driver in the right lane yield to you, even though they have the right of way. Why not get in behind them? Then you make another aggressive move by flooring it to get in front of the car with the right of way. Then you are surprised that they become aggressive. It's like wiping BEFORE you go #2. It makes no sense.
Now that I re-read my post I can see how it would appear that way, but like I said there was plenty of space between me and the car in the right lane, and the next intersection was about 3/4 a mile up the road so it's not like I made the u-turn and then immediately went to make a lane change. And again, when I did go to make the lane change there was plenty of room for me to move into the lane. I only needed to get over to the right-turn lane, so it's not like I was making a right turn in front of the person. Apparently I'm not allowed to relate my experiences along with everyone else without being judged by someone who was not even there.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satkins12 View Post
Now that I re-read my post I can see how it would appear that way, but like I said there was plenty of space between me and the car in the right lane, and the next intersection was about 3/4 a mile up the road so it's not like I made the u-turn and then immediately went to make a lane change. And again, when I did go to make the lane change there was plenty of room for me to move into the lane. I only needed to get over to the right-turn lane, so it's not like I was making a right turn in front of the person. Apparently I'm not allowed to relate my experiences along with everyone else without being judged by someone who was not even there.

I can't tell you how many times your story has been true for me also driving here..it's not the congestion or usuall traffic problems that i get mad at...its peoples' attitudes here....everyone wants to be the judge and jury out there on the roads here....if someone sees you put a blinker on to get over ...about 7 out of 10 times the person will speed up so you can't get over because "it's thier spot".....then when they drive a normal pace and you enter the road they for some reason have to catch up to you and get on your butt......and for some reason everyone in Orlando has to either go way below the speed limit or 10 mph + over it.........i got into another inccedent the other day out there to....but i dont wanna go into that because i dont wanna get off topic..unless someone asks what happened........

Old 10-16-2007, 08:00 AM

127 posts, read 499,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
Please ...... how can people honestly think that driving in Orlando isnt terrible with people's selfish traffic attitudes......go to any busy 4 way stop a couple times in a week and watch how many people that dont come to a complete stop ....or actually blow through the stop.....i go through a 4-way stop here everyday on my way to work and very rarely do people have patience when i get to those stops.......
Moderator cut: rude

I hate driving through Waterford for that exact reason....i love the place...but geez.....its so dangerous...i saw an accident there the other day that wasnt even because of the stop signs...it looked like 2 cars were pissed and were going for the same parking spot and niether let up and then they smashed their fronts together ....i laughed..but c'mon.......

Old 10-16-2007, 08:08 AM

127 posts, read 499,709 times
oh oh WHAT HAPPENED?? haha

Old 10-16-2007, 10:09 PM

28 posts, read 196,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THASPECIAL View Post
I can't tell you how many times your story has been true for me also driving here..it's not the congestion or usuall traffic problems that i get mad at...its peoples' attitudes here....everyone wants to be the judge and jury out there on the roads here....if someone sees you put a blinker on to get over ...about 7 out of 10 times the person will speed up so you can't get over because "it's thier spot".....then when they drive a normal pace and you enter the road they for some reason have to catch up to you and get on your butt......and for some reason everyone in Orlando has to either go way below the speed limit or 10 mph + over it.........i got into another inccedent the other day out there to....but i dont wanna go into that because i dont wanna get off topic..unless someone asks what happened........
Yeah, I think it will just take some getting used to for me. I'm not perfect by any means, but I consider myself a cautious and curtious driver so I hope that driving down here doesn't turn me into what I'm seeing on the roads. And I also noticed what you said about either going way below or way over the speed limit. I had been wondering about that too, why that seems to be a trend around here. I guess you'll have crazy drivers in any large city...I've had some seriously scary moments driving through Chicago. Anyway, where did you have this most recent incident? Was it while you were on the job? I can't imagine what you must see driving around here all the time.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satkins12 View Post
Yeah, I think it will just take some getting used to for me. I'm not perfect by any means, but I consider myself a cautious and curtious driver so I hope that driving down here doesn't turn me into what I'm seeing on the roads. And I also noticed what you said about either going way below or way over the speed limit. I had been wondering about that too, why that seems to be a trend around here. I guess you'll have crazy drivers in any large city...I've had some seriously scary moments driving through Chicago. Anyway, where did you have this most recent incident? Was it while you were on the job? I can't imagine what you must see driving around here all the time.

Yeah every big city has thier agressive drivers.....some worse then others.....i lived in Nashville and drove around Atlanta and San Fransisco a number of times and i was raised in Miami and the driving there is probably worse then Orlando but that is the only place i would say is worse overall because Miami has the big city type of congestion that all other large cities has but they also have the Orlando aggresion on top of that.....

The inccedent i was in last week was at work ......I was exiting out of the Bonnet Creek resort near disney and there is a quiet entrance/exit road (2 lanes on each side - 35 mph speed limit) going in and out of that resort area and it is about a half mile long and then you get to the main road called Buena Vista Drive which has a left and right exit to get on to Buena Vista Drive.......

Well i had just made my delivery and left the resort going back to Buena Vista drive.....i was going about 40-42mph which was about 5 miles per hour over the limit for that street.....

Well i was about half way down that half mile street with no other cars on it at the time, and out of my rear view i noticed a car exiting the resort and about 7 seconds later they had already caught up to me and got on my butt.....(there was 2 lanes there) .....and they kept swerving back and forth in an aggresive way until we got to the place to get on the main road.....i was getting pissed that whole time because im trying to stay at a good speed and not get a ticket becuase 2 tickets out or in work and i get fired so i thought these guys were azzholes.......well i looked back in my rear view at them and saw they were 2 hispanic dudes.....(just an observation).....so as i turned right to get on the main road these guys swerve around my back left side as soon as i went and they zoomed around me .....I was in the far right lane which automatically exits on to 536 which goes to I-4 ....and these guys zoomed into the lane on the left of me and acted like they were going to go straight towards downtown disney....well they didnt...they slowed up to cut me off ...

i guess to prove a point so i swereved my car at them since they almost hit me and they literally stopped in the middle of the off ramp in front of me and i was going to go that way but when they stopped i had to swerve left so i wounlnt wreck into them and so i swerved left and the guy was waving his hands out the wiindow and i had to stop because during all this there were cars coming right behind me and i had no idea i would have to swerve into the left lane at that time .....so i got stuck in between the exit lane and the lane that goes to downtown Disney......i was PISSED.......i finally rolled my window down since i was stuck there for a minute and these guys were yelling at me when they stopped so ......i noticed they had uniforms on that looked like they were working at that resort so at that point i didnt give a "F"......i told the driver that he was an azzhole and if he wanted to start something that i was here now and to just get out and i showed him my door was cracked....then i saw the little thug in the passenger seat smoking his cigarette like he was some little gangster starring at me ....so i looked him in the eye and told him, "You must think you bad huh?.....ill f-n beat your azz too if you get out".......

i know this sounds stupid but i didnt start this shi$%^ the driver was still lookin at me like he wanted to do something and he didnt get out of his car though because i think he wanted me to get out first so it would look like i started it incase witnesses were there....so he said , "you lucky white boy".....and i said, "you aint doin sh$%%.....you guys wanna jump me like some puss**IES?....then open the door "...then he just drove off the exit and said something else as he peeled off with that crotch rocket sound in his little honda.....and i waited till traffic was clear behind me and i went back to the store to get another delivery......that was the first time in about 3 months (on the job) since i had an incedent where the guys or person told me they wanted to get violent....the last inccedent was with one of those town car drivers that transport people and he threw a drink at my car and told me he was going to kill me....i reported him to his company.....he was in a hurry and i guess i wasnt going fast enough down Hotel Plaza Blvd where the speed limit is also 35 mph and tourists are always walking on the side.....he wanted to go 45-48 mph and i was going about 41-42mph in that inccedent.......well its not my fault that i want to keep a decent pace a little above the speed limit ....these guys want to fly around people and dont realize that people always cross roads out in this area without looking and so thats why i keep a safer pace....there's no reason in this area to go 45 or 50mph on those 35mph streets......i do retaliate and get into it with other drivers but thats only the drivers who push it way to far and put me or other people around us in danger....

i am not some little skinny guy and and i have been in 2 hit-n-runs so im not scared of a gun at the point when i feel like im going to explode out there....and i dont think people should bully people on the roads...i know someone will tell me to wait and call the cops.....believe me ....the cops wont be there unless someone shoots at your car or actually hits you ......the dispatchers take road rage calls with a grain of salt in my experience......of coarse i see alot more crap out there and let it go all the time and stick to my job and not let it get to me but sometimes there is that couple of people that the cops cant do anything about at the time ....you know what i mean if youve been in a situation out there on the streets and cops werent around at the time....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando