Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 10:20 PM

166 posts, read 347,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

At least here in south Orlando, a majority of couples I see are black/latin couples. Usually black male/latin female

That fuels tension, you know. Black females don't like seeing a black man with a non-black woman.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:38 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManGuy View Post
That fuels tension, you know. Black females don't like seeing a black man with a non-black woman.
I have a friend that is black and is married to a white, he says he gets the most hate (actually, the only) coming from black females, but this is over in AL.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:17 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,580,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManGuy View Post
Yes and latino men dont like seeing a latina woman with a white guy. I used to get crap from latino males all the time. They just dont like seeing a puerto rican girl with a white guy, it just angers them

I dated a black girl when I lived in vegas and always got dirty looks from black males

There's a lot of reverse prejudice out there as well

Old 03-25-2012, 12:55 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,205,453 times
Who cares.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:19 AM

1,194 posts, read 4,127,679 times
I am originally from Philly...To start off, crime in Philly exists where there are weaker men/women who try to live in peace and harmony then become astounded when they find out the reality of living in Philly..

N Philly or even around the campus of U of Penn, Drexel Univ. or Rutgers in Camden NJ are not good areas to walk at night regardless of your race. One night as I was travleing through Rutgers Univ campus in my car I noticed a car full of kids cocking a shotgun with one hand...HOLY CRAP...From that night on I began carring my weapon legally. Parents need to take heed why their children grow up and become a neighborhood terror.

It begins with the parents and the kids peers. Tough love should be implimented.

I am throughly disgusted about hearing racial issues. Who cares if a person is white, red, latino, asian or black? I don't ! !

Old 03-25-2012, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Who cares.
Im with you on this actually. I actually like posting with you since we seem to agree on a lot of things or have similar points of view

True about racism, who the f*ck cares? This Trayvon Martin case is a tragedy, simple enough

As far as this whole fiasco goes, Im shocked that it happened in Sanford. I have read Sanford has always had racial tension, I never knew this (but then again I NEVER go to Sanford) But the fact that it happened in the Orlando Metro area is sad to me and it shows that this city hasnt progressed like many of us believed

I would have expected something like this to happen some where in FL north of Daytona Beach or points further north such as Gainesville, Ocala, Or Jacksonville. Aka South Georgia

Lets let them do the investigation and see what they come up with. I wasnt there so I dont know what happened, its between Zimmerman, Trayvon and God. If the investigation concludes Trayvon's death was wrongful, Zimmerman can rot in prison. If he truly did act in self defense, by the Stand Your Ground Law, he deserves no jail time. But only time will tell over the next few weeks as the investigation continues

Old 03-25-2012, 03:02 AM

93 posts, read 236,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Mexicans (majority of west coast Latinos) don't have African blood, unlike the Latinos of Florida. I think that was a point the OP was trying to make (racist towards their own blood in FL).

You're wrong about Mexicans. Mexico received more slaves than the US did. Mexico has totally absorbed the Blacks to the point that are very few people there with a visible black phenotype. Watch the Black in Latin America Documentary and check out the last episode about Mexico. Or check out a book called Inhuman Bondage: The Rise and Fall of Slavery in the New World.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Lets let them do the investigation and see what they come up with. I wasnt there so I dont know what happened, its between Zimmerman, Trayvon and God. If the investigation concludes Trayvon's death was wrongful, Zimmerman can rot in prison. If he truly did act in self defense, by the Stand Your Ground Law, he deserves no jail time. But only time will tell over the next few weeks as the investigation continues
Funny, If this had happen in Philly he would've been arrested and most likely raped and abused in jail. Either that or the streets would've stepped in and it wouldn't be pretty for him OR his family. But here in Tragic Kingdom......Nothing.
In fact he'll probably get way. If your Black and reading this DON'T dare move here!!

Last edited by Philly Stress; 03-25-2012 at 03:44 AM.. Reason: mistake

Old 03-25-2012, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Who cares.
You should care about the backwardness down here. YOUR FROM DOWN HERE!!

Old 03-25-2012, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Stress View Post
You should care about the backwardness down here. YOUR FROM DOWN HERE!!
You know its funny how backward you claim Orlando to be. And yet, being from a northeastern state myself (Connecticut) the major cities up north are FAR more segregated than Orlando is. And the people there are a lot less tolerant

Hows that for backwards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando