Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 12:13 PM

85 posts, read 159,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
I hate hate hate speed matchers making rolling roadblocks. Speed limits, in reality, aren't a very good law. Recklessness should be the illegal activity.

I've met people barely into their 50s who were old. I know people who are in their 80s who aren't. If you're obese, which is the new hip thing, 80 is actually dead.
This is the essence of the law they have in California but it goes both ways you can get a speeding ticket when going the speed limit in poor conditions like thunderstorms...

Also to the person who got a speeding ticket because the person they passed was going the speed limit you should have gotten an attorney and wiped your bum with the speeding ticket... I don't even know your insurance company would figure out points from a speeding ticket with no speed was he going 1mph over or 100?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 05:53 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,178,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
You're still what? Blind?

I-4 is a pain, but what drives me bonkers are all these people driving 35-40 in 45, 50 and 55mph roads. I think they could put the speed limit at 1000 on Osceola Pkwy and they'd still be chugging along at 40.
Took me a minute to figure out blind. ?? duh...dumb blond showing through the gray.... But no it means I am just way cool for a 60 something. Haven't ya noticed?

Old 05-08-2012, 08:23 AM

570 posts, read 1,154,029 times
The problem is this "I'm obeying the law so I'll drive right on the speed limit and create a road block in the left lane even though I know the other lanes are clogged with like minded slow drivers but with conscience."

Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
The problem is this "I'm obeying the law so I'll drive right on the speed limit and create a road block in the left lane even though I know the other lanes are clogged with like minded slow drivers but with conscience."
It is really not this people are really just stupid and don't know left lane is for passing...

Old 05-09-2012, 09:32 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,037,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtransplant37 View Post
It is really not this people are really just stupid and don't know left lane is for passing...
I work with a guy who is passive aggressive about it and laughs about people he pisses off. When I had driving school for going 78 in a 60, at least 1/3 of the class was about just chilling out when you get a passive aggressive person in front of you. It's easy to forgive the ignorant and those with perception issues (old), but jerks, grrr, gotta keep those emotions in check.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
I work with a guy who is passive aggressive about it and laughs about people he pisses off. When I had driving school for going 78 in a 60, at least 1/3 of the class was about just chilling out when you get a passive aggressive person in front of you. It's easy to forgive the ignorant and those with perception issues (old), but jerks, grrr, gotta keep those emotions in check.
You should never get mad... get even. If someone likes playing games I do too. I have no problem waiting for the right moment to pass the guy laughing at the people he is pissing off by holding up traffi in the left lane and then slowing down infront of him for 3-4 miles until there are no witnesses and then slamming on breaks and holding my neck from the re-end collision because the driver behind me was not paying attention to the "deer" that came out of no where and ran in front of me. After this you call morgan and morgan. Sometimes revenge pays well.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:44 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,037,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtransplant37 View Post
You should never get mad... get even. If someone likes playing games I do too. I have no problem waiting for the right moment to pass the guy laughing at the people he is pissing off by holding up traffi in the left lane and then slowing down infront of him for 3-4 miles until there are no witnesses and then slamming on breaks and holding my neck from the re-end collision because the driver behind me was not paying attention to the "deer" that came out of no where and ran in front of me. After this you call morgan and morgan. Sometimes revenge pays well.
You are textbook what we were warned about. Textbook.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:40 PM

2 posts, read 1,903 times
I tend to agree with nctransplant. I'll find a way to get around that person in the left lane and once I do we get to find out how slow they think is too slow. I'll keep an eye out making sure there is no roadblock to prevent others from passing but the left lane blocker gets to stay for awhile.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:10 PM

291 posts, read 506,165 times
I hate people with road rage. Like chill your butt because I don't wanna die due to your anger! One time I parked on the side of the highway because of an emergency and when I decided to go back out on the road, I thought I would pick up the speed on the third lane in time for the coming cars to not feel like I'm slowing them down. I guessed wrong, and I was only going a LITTLE slow as I got out on the third lane. This guy decided it would be funny to throw me the finger, honk at me, get in front of me and go SUPER slow, while I just kept a straight face and smiled the whole time, I think it made him even more pissed and eventually he just gave up. Like what the heck are you trying to prove by provoking me?? It's not like I deliberately tried to cut him off on purpose. Back on topic.. I don't see the big deal with slow drivers.. if you don't like it, then just move your butt, no one is stopping you. Cause I know when I drive, I'm never in any kind of rush. I plan AHEAD of time. If you're going to be late to something, you'll be late regardless. A minute difference won't do anything, so just accept the fact.

Old 08-13-2012, 05:30 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,581,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloopers View Post
I hate people with road rage. Like chill your butt because I don't wanna die due to your anger! One time I parked on the side of the highway because of an emergency and when I decided to go back out on the road, I thought I would pick up the speed on the third lane in time for the coming cars to not feel like I'm slowing them down. I guessed wrong, and I was only going a LITTLE slow as I got out on the third lane. This guy decided it would be funny to throw me the finger, honk at me, get in front of me and go SUPER slow, while I just kept a straight face and smiled the whole time, I think it made him even more pissed and eventually he just gave up. Like what the heck are you trying to prove by provoking me?? It's not like I deliberately tried to cut him off on purpose. Back on topic.. I don't see the big deal with slow drivers.. if you don't like it, then just move your butt, no one is stopping you. Cause I know when I drive, I'm never in any kind of rush. I plan AHEAD of time. If you're going to be late to something, you'll be late regardless. A minute difference won't do anything, so just accept the fact.
I still get road rage but I do not play games with people like that. You never know who may have a gun under their car seat and decide to get out and kill you once you reach a red light
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando