Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 03:10 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,964,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaid View Post
Disney World gets very old after going only a few times. We have been here 5 years and have been stalked and harassed for 4 of the 5 years we've been here. The Winter Garden area is nothing but a lot of crime.
I can't speak for Winter Garden because I haven't lived there, but in Dr. Phillips we always left our doors unlocked and our garage door open during the day and never had any problems whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 09:42 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,055 times
I think it's important to distinguish between the *town* of Winter Garden and the *area* of Winter Garden. If you look on a map, you'll see that the Winter Garden area straggles down south from Lake Apopka to west of D'World. The developments like Independence, Summerlake and the new Hamlin one (just breaking ground) are in that southern most area.

There is not yet a lot of shopping there...you'll likely go to Winter Garden Village for that...or entertainment...closest movie is Downtown Disney. But I think in time these things will grow there, esp. as the developers are putting in the space for restaurants and shopping.

The town is up by Lake Apopka and is most older homes, but there are a few new developments going in close to there, like Johns Lake Pointe.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:29 AM

1 posts, read 3,722 times
I came here 12 years ago from the UK and without doing too much research I chose Winter Garden.
As I started earning and became more aware of my surroundings I moved to Windermere.
Windermere covers a large area as does Winter Garden.. at the moment I am in Summerport which
is technically Windermere. Windermere at the "top end" is vastly different but in all honesty overall
you would be happy with both. I am a realtor selling custom homes in Windermere so if you want
any advice email me [email]roy.mattingley@aol.com[/email]... not looking for business, but I wont turn it down
"you can trust me ime English" the accent helps

Old 11-18-2013, 02:10 PM

2 posts, read 4,217 times
Thanks for the great info on this post! We are seriously considering the new Summerlake community in south Winter Garden. Wide bike friendly sidewalks, dog friendly walking trails and park, nice club house and pools, fitness center, close to shopping and eateries 7 min north (WGV) or 7 min south (Rt 192) on Rt.429, hilly countryside vibe, prices from $240 to $2 million! (Overlook subdivision or Lake Hancock Isles is priciest).

But what good restaurants will we find in old downtown Winter Garden? Is the Chef's Table really good? any others?
Thanks!

Old 11-20-2013, 07:21 AM

388 posts, read 790,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willcreid View Post
Thanks for the great info on this post! We are seriously considering the new Summerlake community in south Winter Garden. Wide bike friendly sidewalks, dog friendly walking trails and park, nice club house and pools, fitness center, close to shopping and eateries 7 min north (WGV) or 7 min south (Rt 192) on Rt.429, hilly countryside vibe, prices from $240 to $2 million! (Overlook subdivision or Lake Hancock Isles is priciest).

But what good restaurants will we find in old downtown Winter Garden? Is the Chef's Table really good? any others?
Thanks!
Chef's Table, Tasting Room, and Thai Blossom are the best in Downtown Winter Garden. Do not confuse that with Winter Garden Village which is full of chain restaurants, and is about 10-15 mins closer to Summerlake.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,346 times
Default Homeowners Insurance

Thinking about relocating from Mi with our grandchildren; no one has mentioned homeowners insurance premiums (i.e. hurricane)

Old 02-18-2014, 11:07 PM

195 posts, read 365,050 times
I think both are nice places, Because Downtown is great and both places are for Disney access.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,579 times
I am looking at both winderemere and winter gardens to buy a home in I am leaning towards Winderemere because it seems to be closer to Disney World are both cities good choices. Have there been problems with diversity reported in either city.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:54 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,791,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan62 View Post
I am looking at both winderemere and winter gardens to buy a home in I am leaning towards Winderemere because it seems to be closer to Disney World are both cities good choices. Have there been problems with diversity reported in either city.
I don't think so I think you should be just fine.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:29 PM

782 posts, read 1,369,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan62 View Post
The newer parts of Windermere (which is the area closer to Disney) is incredibly diverse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando