Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:45 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times

Advertisements

Sushi Restaurants Orlando: Top 10 Sushi Restaurants Orlando - OrlandoSentinel.com

interesting list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 12:48 PM

541 posts, read 1,995,280 times
California Grill-The Contemporary Resort. Their sushi chef Yoshi is rated one of the top 3 in the country.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:50 PM

570 posts, read 1,153,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthatmouse View Post
California Grill-The Contemporary Resort. Their sushi chef Yoshi is rated one of the top 3 in the country.
When is the sushi chef dude there?

Old 09-12-2012, 03:32 PM

541 posts, read 1,995,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0gat0rs View Post
When is the sushi chef dude there?
She is there all the time as far as I know. They open around 5pm every night.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:59 PM

52 posts, read 200,576 times
Soooooo many Sushi spots in the Orlando area. I'm sure your neighborhood place is just as good as it's competitors. We go to Nagoya off of Tuskawilla rd, because it is close to home. The food is great.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:43 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Very much off the beaten path for many in the area but check out Maru in Sanford, across from the Seminole Towne Center. I have eaten in some great sushi restaurants (NYC, Philly and DC) and would put the quality of sushi served in terms of freshness and creativity right up with the best of them. The only drawback is it's slooowwww in terms of waiting for your order. It's a small operation with the sushi chef/owner who takes pride in his work. As long as you go with that expectation, you'll love it. Try the SoyJoy Roll and Double Salmon Roll! http://www.marusushigrill.com/Home_Page.php

Old 09-22-2012, 02:57 PM

Looks good. I'm not a big fan of multiple sauces but the presentation looks very appetizing.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Looks good. I'm not a big fan of multiple sauces but the presentation looks very appetizing.
They have more traditional rolls as well and the portion size is just as generous which is unusual for the area. I find many of the sushi restaurants offer thin cuts of fish which tend to get overwhelmed by the soy sauce, rice and other ingredients. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Old 09-24-2012, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
They have more traditional rolls as well and the portion size is just as generous which is unusual for the area. I find many of the sushi restaurants offer thin cuts of fish which tend to get overwhelmed by the soy sauce, rice and other ingredients. It's not cheap but you get what you pay for.
Yes I agree, some restaurants have lost their way in either going over the top with rolls the size of a loaf of bread, or try to cheapskate you with one tiny sliver of fish. Of course I prefer they err on over the top, but it is a great find to get a roll that's just right, with the perfect amount of ingredients that balance each other out. Yae Sushi, which was Japanese owned, was very good at that but I haven't been there in a while. Kyle have you tried Hanna by the Altamonte Mall? It's pretty good balanced roll at a reasonable prices. I have heard good things about Maru from other people as well so I'll have to try it out.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Yes I agree, some restaurants have lost their way in either going over the top with rolls the size of a loaf of bread, or try to cheapskate you with one tiny sliver of fish. Of course I prefer they err on over the top, but it is a great find to get a roll that's just right, with the perfect amount of ingredients that balance each other out. Yae Sushi, which was Japanese owned, was very good at that but I haven't been there in a while. Kyle have you tried Hanna by the Altamonte Mall? It's pretty good balanced roll at a reasonable prices. I have heard good things about Maru from other people as well so I'll have to try it out.
I haven't tried either of the ones you mentioned, though will give Hana a try since it's in my usual sphere of travel. Thanks for the suggestions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando