Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 06:26 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times

Advertisements

3 months ago I was looking for a rental in Orlando, today I popped in a popular website and the rents now have gone up at least $150.00-$200,,, wow ! Wonder if I can afford to move next yr in March- and I get a heafty increase in pay but, with salaries and hours less PT- (29) how can the majority live? I wonder when it will all go bust again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 07:06 PM

New homebuyers getting priced out of housing markets - Apr. 3, 2014 came accross this,, the cash folks gonna make it go BOOM- one way or another

Old 04-04-2014, 02:57 PM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
3 months ago I was looking for a rental in Orlando, today I popped in a popular website and the rents now have gone up at least $150.00-$200,,, wow ! Wonder if I can afford to move next yr in March- and I get a heafty increase in pay but, with salaries and hours less PT- (29) how can the majority live? I wonder when it will all go bust again.
Sooner or later....

"Metro Orlando now ranks last in median income among the nation's 50 biggest metro areas. Of those 50 metro areas, we have the largest percentage of our total workforce -- 37 percent -- making $25,000 or less. We have the smallest percentage of workers making more than $50,000."

"The four-county Orlando metro area has 262,772 renters who earn an average hourly wage of $13.31 and cannot alone afford the area's fair-market rent of $936 for a two-bedroom rental."

Orlando is the lowest paying metro area in the country - Orlando Sentinel

Rentals in Florida: Rentals in Florida too high - Orlando Sentinel

Old 04-04-2014, 07:08 PM

GREAT post KYLE9125- what are people thinking when they keep raising these rents,,, you and I know more people "move in" than should per unit-many kids moving back home, or share a home- something gotta go... Is part of the reason the tourist that come with BIG money for 6 months, and leave the rest with impossible rental figures to meet? The is low pay work is plenty but the cost of living and the salary is becoming more like the 3rd world economies. Is that what they want? Bunches of poor homeless folks doing all the menial jobs for cents? And the Economic Gap Widens: Capitalism, Demand, and the Bare Minimum for American Workers - Order of Education

I worry about my grandkids and already thinking I should buy a place with some room for them to live with me in the future,,, least have the space just in case... it will get worse

Old 04-05-2014, 08:59 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,971,352 times
Quote:
GREAT post KYLE9125- what are people thinking when they keep raising these rents,,, you and I know more people "move in" than should per unit-many kids moving back home, or share a home- something gotta go... Is part of the reason the tourist that come with BIG money for 6 months, and leave the rest with impossible rental figures to meet? The is low pay work is plenty but the cost of living and the salary is becoming more like the 3rd world economies. Is that what they want? Bunches of poor homeless folks doing all the menial jobs for cents? And the Economic Gap Widens: Capitalism, Demand, and the Bare Minimum for American Workers - Order of Education

I worry about my grandkids and already thinking I should buy a place with some room for them to live with me in the future,,, least have the space just in case... it will get worse
Sadly I don't see it getting any better, either through continuation of the trend or civil unrest. The rich and powerful dictate life for the rest of us and it's crazy how many are in lockstep with their policies which are simultaneously making it worse for themselves...yep, I'm speaking of the GOP. Life outside the US is beginning to seem like a viable possibility for many I think given the desire by politicians (funded by the Koch Brothers, etc./special interests) to make life everyday miserable for those not in the top few percent. For those that have to stay in this country and work an "average job" or worse, I feel for as it's going to get worse before any chance of better.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:31 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
Just be happy with the prices in Orlando lol, it's still one of the most affordable areas in the country.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:39 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,337,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
yep, I'm speaking of the GOP.
Then you're missing half the problem

Obama admits 95% of income gains gone to top 1% - Sep. 15, 2013

Old 04-05-2014, 04:54 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,932,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Just be happy with the prices in Orlando lol, it's still one of the most affordable areas in the country.

Compared to??? Not compared to the rest of the Southeast (w/ exception of S FL).

Old 04-05-2014, 05:36 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,980,377 times
I said it in my post... "country"

Compared to most desirable areas in the country, Orlando is one of the most affordable.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:25 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,779,816 times
Quote:

Why; it is simple I raise my rents because thats the going rate that people will pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando