Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2007, 12:07 PM

4 posts, read 15,030 times

Advertisements

What Can You Tell Me About The Polk County Area? We Understand That Retirees Can Find Jobs Easily In The Area.wages? They Also Say That Although Summers Are Very Humid- The Other Months Are Good. What Is The Commute From Rt 27 Into The Disney Area Like? Food Cost? Gas Cost? General Info Would Be Great! My Husband Will Be Retiring 7 Years After Me- He Is An Hvac Journeyman And A Tool & Inventory Mgr For A Mechanical Co. I Am A Receptionist- But I Have Experience In Payroll, Ar, Ap, Switchboards, Etc. We Think We Can Make It On A 24 To 30 Hr Week With Our Retirement Income.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 09:31 PM

299 posts, read 1,333,031 times
You want wages, gas prices, commute info, food cost & you're not planning to move to Polk County till 2017? I don't get it - am I missing something??

Old 10-04-2007, 09:30 AM

I Am A Planner And Ballpark Info Helps Me To Plan By Adding Col Increases.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:35 PM

Does Anyone Have Any Infor Me??????? Please....

Old 10-08-2007, 07:27 PM

299 posts, read 1,333,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIREMENT BOUND View Post
What Can You Tell Me About The Polk County Area? We Understand That Retirees Can Find Jobs Easily In The Area.wages? They Also Say That Although Summers Are Very Humid- The Other Months Are Good. What Is The Commute From Rt 27 Into The Disney Area Like? Food Cost? Gas Cost? General Info Would Be Great! My Husband Will Be Retiring 7 Years After Me- He Is An Hvac Journeyman And A Tool & Inventory Mgr For A Mechanical Co. I Am A Receptionist- But I Have Experience In Payroll, Ar, Ap, Switchboards, Etc. We Think We Can Make It On A 24 To 30 Hr Week With Our Retirement Income.
Thanks!
Let's see now, weather. Summers are very humid & the season lasts a very long time. Put Polk County area weather on your favorites list and check it - that will give you the best indication for how it really is. Food costs seem to be about the same as any place else ( always going up). Jobs for retirees, from what I see, is difficult. Disney does hire but I hear that the pay is low. I don't know about the commute from 27 to Disney; I think you are talking about the Davenport area I'm sure that by the time you move you will have all your ducks in a row **** Good Luck

Old 10-18-2007, 07:04 AM

Default reply

thanks so much for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-13-2011, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 12,314 times
Default Right now, economy poor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIREMENT BOUND View Post
Thanks!
Hopefully by the time you move here in 2017 the economy in Polk Co., and Florida in general will have recovered! We are still struggling due to the housing collapse and the hurricanes that slammed into the area a few years ago (Jeanne, Charlie, and Francis). Not going to lie to you, the weather here is very hot and humid, between April and October, which is also when we get alot of tropical storm activity. It takes alot of getting used to, living like this. The winters are wonderfully mild and if you like wildlife, welcome to Fla, there's plenty of it here!! I am a NY transplant myself and have been here for 20 year and personally, will be leaving to the Carolinas cause I want seasons, some snow, and mild winters. Things financially have gotten too bad here for us right now and we need a change, hence the move soon. Good luck, I hope things turn around by 2017!

Old 02-15-2011, 01:24 PM

53 posts, read 193,323 times
Search Lakeland on this website and google Lakeland wiki! You will get alot of information. The local newpaper is "The Ledger" ( ledger.com)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: