Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 01:05 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,897,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idealism View Post
I think it really depends on where you work in Kissimmee. We're closing on a home in Dr. Phillips in 2 weeks, and while it was always our first choice, with your budget/commute, I would consider Celebration. I imagine it will be a shorter drive and if new urbanism is your sort of thing, than Celebration takes the cake. A lot of people are put off by the whole "town that Disney built" thing, but I love the area. Take a drive around both and see what you think. $600k will get you a great house in either area.
Agreed! Just about everything in Osceola county is considered Kissimmee. By kissimmee they could mean poinciana not likely, But that could be a possibility then neighborhoods like Dr Phillips would be way out of the way. So if convince is your first priority while living in nice neighborhood. I would recommend Celebration then hunters creek, And the loop area. If commuting to Dr Phillips is no problem for you on a daily basis then go for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 03:10 PM

24,408 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Hunters Creek has crime problems in their high school. I would advise against it. I can't speak about their elementary or middle schools though. I used to play soccer with a group from Hunters Creek and they said it's really ghetto. A lot of gang members. I also spoke to a campus police officer and he told our family the same thing. That's why we chose Dr. Phillips. Hunters Creek and Celebration are night and day below the surface. Someone living in Celebration would be making a huge down grade moving to Hunters Creek based on schools and school safety.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:07 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,330,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesickFloridian View Post
Sorry this is disinformation as Celebration is one of the top 10 schools in the state..
Link? Osceola In general has pretty poor schools compared to orange county

Old 03-31-2013, 07:11 PM

511 posts, read 855,141 times
No link, just facts, you're certainly capable of looking it up and educating yourself (at least I'm giving you that benefit of the doubt).. I was told that by a person who LIVES in Celebration.. From the horses mouth so to speak, with no personal agenda to be gained.. But as usual your entire post is nonsensical bias and generalizations based on heresy and misinformed personal opinion..

Old 03-31-2013, 07:16 PM

150 posts, read 351,990 times
Thanks all - it's been interesting reading the discussion. If this helps with suggestions, the potential jobs are near Osceola hospital.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:25 PM

Well sounds like Celebrations in that case as it's just up the road.. But there's still the issue of being very common place architecture maybe best to google map the location and satellite tour to get a better idea.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 PM

24,408 posts, read 26,964,842 times
Yeah, I don't like the New England, see your neighbors through your window style of Celebration. However, if you prefer walking and biking around your community, you may love it.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomesickFloridian View Post
No link, just facts, you're certainly capable of looking it up and educating yourself (at least I'm giving you that benefit of the doubt).. I was told that by a person who LIVES in Celebration.. From the horses mouth so to speak, with no personal agenda to be gained.. But as usual your entire post is nonsensical bias and generalizations based on heresy and misinformed personal opinion..
Oh ok. So a random person who lives in celebration told you it's top ten in the state. Got it.

So you don't have any type of link or objective data to support back that up except some random anecdote from a person

https://app2.fldoe.org/Ranking/Districts/

Old 03-31-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boringmember View Post
Thanks all - it's been interesting reading the discussion. If this helps with suggestions, the potential jobs are near Osceola hospital.
Osceola regional medical center would be about 20 mins from celebration, or thirty minutes from Dr Phillips. I'd take Dr Phillips, personally

Old 03-31-2013, 09:55 PM

As relevant as your source..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando