Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 10:27 AM

27 posts, read 111,391 times

Advertisements

As an aside, are there any particular real estate groups or agents you'd recommend? Obviously you had a decent experience, since you got more or less what we want in DP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 10:57 AM

388 posts, read 790,774 times
I sent you a private message. If you want brand new cookie cutter housing than Clermont might suit your needs. DP is older and more established with most homes built in the 80's. Some people love the rolling hills and more "rural" feel of Clermont, though they continue to build more every day. It takes a while to get anywhere, and if you want to head most places east, you're more than likely going to pay a toll to do so. I think you'll find that 90% of the folks on here will tell you, that on a whole, Dr. Phillips is a better place to set down roots, and is one of the best places to live in the Orlando area.

We were very fortunate to get the home we did when we did, but I can't imagine prices going up that much over the last few months. $275k is reasonable for DP for sure. You won't get an estate on the water in Bay Hill, but you should be able to get a nice home in an established community here as long as you are PATIENT.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:12 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silopolis View Post
Are there decent restaurants in Clermont? My wife and I are foodies of a sort. I know there's a bunch of places in Dr. Phillips and Winter Garden.

It seems like all the houses we're liking on the real-estate sites are in Clermont, so far.
We don't have a great food scene here, but it is starting to improve. There's a newer place in downtown Clermont that looks promising, although I haven't tried it yet. San Joses has good, fresh Tex-Mex and authentic Mexican. It's fairly loud and service is spotty, but the food is good and it's inexpensive. It's a chain--but only three locations, all local, family owned and operated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando