Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 03:29 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,209,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokerHarry View Post
Well that's an interesting comment. One page back the same poster said:

Getting critiqued for not asking enough questions...& then getting critiqued for asking a simple one...

That's the internet for ya.
Huge difference between asking for what they are looking for in terms of QOL & lifestyle that askign what they do for a living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 04:39 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
i dont think there's anything wrong with asking someone what they do for a living.

Old 03-29-2015, 04:42 PM

536 posts, read 853,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Huge difference between asking for what they are looking for in terms of QOL & lifestyle that askign what they do for a living.
That's just silly, lori. This is a public forum.

A real estate broker politely inquiring "what line of work are you in (that might bring the OP to Cypress Parkway & Osceola)?" is an honest effort to ascertain what might be a good fit for rental housing needs.

In the opening post, the OP already talked finances, when they said they had a maximum rental budget of $2000.

I didn't ask for their title or position or income, simply what general line of work? I'm still curious as to whether they're going to work at the hospitals.

Most of the responding posts have been from others trying to convince the OP to stay away from where the OP already stated they were going!

I live in this community, & I'd wager I know as much as (or more) about this immediate area than anyone else posting in this thread.

I stay out of threads discussing other communities or topics where I have no personal, first hand knowledge.

But when it comes to Kissimmee, Poinciana, St Cloud, & nearby areas in Osceola & Polk counties...I'm gonna be there, & I'll go head to head with anyone who wants to talk trash about my community.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:02 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
That's just silly, lori. This is a public forum.

A real estate broker politely inquiring "what line of work are you in (that might bring the OP to Cypress Parkway & Osceola)?" is an honest effort to ascertain what might be a good fit for rental housing needs.

In the opening post, the OP already talked finances, when they said they had a maximum rental budget of $2000.

I didn't ask for their title or position or income, simply what general line of work? I'm still curious as to whether they're going to work at the hospitals.

Most of the responding posts have been from others trying to convince the OP to stay away from where the OP already stated they were going!

I live in this community, & I'd wager I know as much as (or more) about this immediate area than anyone else posting in this thread.

I stay out of threads discussing other communities or topics where I have no personal, first hand knowledge.

But when it comes to Kissimmee, Poinciana, St Cloud, & nearby areas in Osceola & Polk counties...I'm gonna be there, & I'll go head to head with anyone who wants to talk trash about my community.
Talking trash and talking truth are too different things, especially when the truth can be backed up by school grades and crime reports. There's a reason Kissimmee and Osceola County has a below average rep among locals. The bad rap didn't start here on C-D ...

Old 03-29-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Talking trash and talking truth are too different things, especially when the truth can be backed up by school grades and crime reports. There's a reason Kissimmee and Osceola County has a below average rep among locals. The bad rap didn't start here on C-D ...
There's about 270,000 people who call Osceola county home, leftee...my wife & myself among them.

My wife & I moved to Kissimmee from Santa Clarita CA, which is rated the #3 safest city in the entire US.

Top 10 Safest Cities in America 2014 | Parenting

We like it here in Bellalago better.

Quote all the negative statistics you want...I know that there are many lovely areas in which to live throughout Osceola county, including Bellalago, that most of the naysayers haven't even visited.

Old 03-29-2015, 06:17 PM

24,410 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Very true... I don't know what career choice has to do with finding the perfect home and location. We already know where the OP works, so it doesn't make a difference what the profession is since we know their budget already. There is nothing wrong asking out of curiosity though.

Old 03-29-2015, 07:07 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,103,593 times
Boca Raton.
If you're going to live in Florida, live as close to coast as possible. IMO.
Unless you're a theme park freak. And some folks are.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:53 PM

6 posts, read 6,848 times
Based on the line of work that my husband is in, there were more opportunities in the Orlando area than there was in Boca. While I have been to Orlando in the past, I was in Boca this past week for my interview and to explore. It is a beautiful area, I cannot deny that. My children 17 & 19, will not be moving with me (at this point) and Orlando is also a closer commute for them to visit and vice versa. Based on the fact that I've already been out of work for a month and don't have a whole lot to fall back on, the position in Orlando and how they're willing to work with me, works best for my personal situation. Yes, I will be working at both of the hospitals, I'm an analyst, I don't mind sharing that information. I've been consulting for the past 4 1/2 years and that market has kind of dried up at the moment, I'm tired of being a road warrior and looking for a new job every year. The $ offered in both positions wasn't much different at all and based on the COL differences, I'd rather sit in traffic than not be able to feed my family because I have to pay a huge rent payment for a decent place to live.

As far as living close to the coast, yes, it's a dream of mine, but I'm close to many things that we enjoy. We can drive an hour or 2 and be at the Gulf, we are close to Daytona (NASCAR freaks here), close to professional sports arenas and the Braves spring training facility (was the decision maker for my husband )

I really do appreciate all of the feedback, but I have already given my verbal commitment to the employer and I am at peace with the decision. I spent days not sleeping, not eating, struggling within myself, and since I made the decision, I feel so much better.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:57 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
There's about 270,000 people who call Osceola county home, leftee...my wife & myself among them.

My wife & I moved to Kissimmee from Santa Clarita CA, which is rated the #3 safest city in the entire US.

Top 10 Safest Cities in America 2014 | Parenting

Quote all the negative statistics you want...I know that there are many lovely areas in which to live throughout Osceola county, including Bellalago, that most of the naysayers haven't even visited.
Wonder if you'd like it better if you weren't selling any homes ? Of course you'll say you like it better ... YOU SELL HOMES !!!! And I'm sure you like the climate here better than SoCal, right ???

And your quote says it all ...

You didn't say we like here in Kissimmee better ...

Old 03-30-2015, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebachle View Post
Yes, I will be working at both of the hospitals, I'm an analyst, I don't mind sharing that information. I've been consulting for the past 4 1/2 years and that market has kind of dried up at the moment, I'm tired of being a road warrior and looking for a new job every year. The $ offered in both positions wasn't much different at all and based on the COL differences, I'd rather sit in traffic than not be able to feed my family because I have to pay a huge rent payment for a decent place to live.
Congratulations on your new job opportunity, jebachle, & welcome to Kissimmee. My wife & I moved here after 4 decades in LA California, & we love it here Kissimmee, on the banks of Lake Toho.

I read your earlier posts carefully, & (for the benefit of the naysayers) evidently I was accurate in my deduction that you would be commuting between Poinciana Medical Center in Poinciana & Osceola Regional in Kissimmee.

During rush hour, you'll find the heavy traffic on John Young definitely adds 15 or 20 minutes to your trip up into Kissimmee. I go to early morning meetings at the Osceola County Assoc of Realtors over by Partin Settlement on the St Cloud side of Lake Toho, & it takes me about 35-40 minutes from Bellalago, when it might normally take 20 minutes when it's less busy.

You'll definitely hit equal backups coming back south in the evening rush. But once you hit Pleasant Hill Rd going south, it opens back up.

During mid-day & evenings the approx 14 mile distance between Cypress Parkway & Oak St in Kissimmee is no big deal at all. Right now, 7:43am on Monday morning, Google Earth shows the traffic moving well, & gives a 22 minute drive time between your 2 locations. But I would expect it to bog down more before the rush hours are over.

That's why I've maintained all along that a rental in a place like Bellalago, midway between the two job locations, would be ideal.

There are a number of other nice subdivisions along the way where you can find newer construction for lease, & some are also gated...but I think you'll find Bellalago is the most beautiful & secure of anything in between your work. It's probably the most upscale community you'll find in the area.

There's dozens of like new single family homes available for lease in the $1500 mo range, give or take. I just spotted one on the other side of Pleasant Hill in Bella Isles (also gated, & near the Publix) that is 1508 sq ft, 3 bd, 2 ba, granite kitchen, 3 car garage, screened lanai, nice yard for $1350 month...& it appears to be in like new condition.

The price per square foot can't be beat here on the west side of Lake Toho. I remain convinced it will be an ideal location for you, especially given your employment addresses. You have lots of options.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited by BrokerHarry; 03-30-2015 at 05:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando