Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 02:24 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times

Advertisements

yea, i agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 04:27 PM

78 posts, read 120,589 times
Default oviedo

Oviedo, definetely worth spending the extra 100k vs Avalon.

Old 04-15-2015, 04:34 PM

^^^I agree totally.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:38 PM

973 posts, read 2,229,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamigra1200 View Post
Oviedo, definetely worth spending the extra 100k vs Avalon.
Also agree. The only "bad" part of Oviedo is around the softball complex, circled in black:

I used to play softball there for years, and there were always cops having to make house calls and fights breaking out in the neighborhoods outside the complex in that area.

For me, I'm not really a fan of the area south of Mitchell Hammock around Alafaya Woods Blvd. Still a ton of foreclosures and turnover, and that area's instability isn't good for future home values.

I'd stick to Lockwood Blvd, west of 417 (more into Winter Springs), Twin Rivers in east Oviedo, and northwest of downtown in the neighborhoods north of Oviedo High.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:01 PM

I'd also choose Oviedo over Avalon or Waterford Lakes.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:23 AM

78 posts, read 120,589 times
Question oviedo exodus

Why is it then every time i do to an open house or showing i see a moving truck with people are getting out of dodge.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:49 PM

maybe a rental? or people moving in rather than out? Oviedo is growing and becoming very congested, no exodus here, although I wouldn't mind if there was.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:26 PM

5,025 posts, read 5,677,344 times
Yeah lol, I'd say if anything people moving out would be better. I'm very disappointed about the fact that no effort was made to preserve the historic downtown. The community desperately needs a gathering space that isn't a mall parking lot.

However, Oviedo might just be the best spot in the Orlando area or even in Florida from which to be active. There's a bikeway headed through the town on which you can go in either direction at least 15 miles, with convenient access and stops to Lake Eola, Seminole Towne Center, Park Avenue, and Big Tree Park, home to an over 2,000 year old tree.

The Little Big Econ State Forest may be apart from possibly Wekiwa Springs State Park the best trail hiking/jogging option in Greater Orlando, and it's free.

UCF's Lake Claire Facility also rents out kayaks I believe to the general public for cheap, at very least, the facilities are free to students as are several city of Oviedo community pools for residents.

The Oviedo Mall doesn't have a great shopping selection but I'm not a big shopper anyways, and I thoroughly enjoy cheap movies, as well as the cheap bowling alley down the road.

Also, apart from perhaps a couple blocks just to the east of Downtown, people who are worried about safety here are nothing other than paranoid.

As mentioned, proximity to UCF also allows for a great deal of cultural, educational, athletic, and outdoor entertainment without having to drive more than 10 minutes.

It's not a perfect community , but it does have a lot of perks. I have to question how anyone could think the safety and schools in Oviedo aren't adequate.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:16 PM

166 posts, read 385,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post
To the OP, DO NOT listen to Consigliere.. He always posts the same old video of one block random of Oviedo that doesn't even exist anymore.. He appears to have some type of beef with Oviedo for no reason..
Sorry if anyone has seen the other video before. Here's is a differrent video showing the current status of downtown Oviedo for those not familiar with the area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-60agDDRGo

Old 04-24-2015, 05:25 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,677,344 times
Umm not quite sure what to say after watching that other the
An: those 2 are interesting.

That building they're standing outside if is called the townhouse. In general it has had a wait if 20 minutes or longer on weekends.

And yes, the demolishing of those buildings eventually has now been planned for almost 10 years. While it is sad and removes much of the city's historic charm, I have heard they're eventually planning to rebuild. The reason it was knocked down was to convert that road from a 2 to a 4 lane road, a clear sign of a growing, not shrinking population.

Educate yourselves...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando